PDA

View Full Version : LM-1 Wiring and logging

DaddySS
May 26th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Following the directions generally for the LC-1 install, it says to program the LM-1 Analog 2 output (white wire for the LM-1) for 1 and 2 volts. Select the pids from auto ve etc. Then under programming the LC-1 for EFI live - it gives the values for Lambda for analog output 1 (red wire). The when you read on it says under verifying your PIDs, it says;

"As seen in the data log above, {EXT.AD1} is logging values that are changing and reflected in the {CALC.AFR_LC11} value of 14.64. Look at the values to verify that it matches the DynoTune display or Logworks software monitored values. {EXT.AD2} is showing a voltage, but it is not changing significantly during drive. {EXT.AD2} is not connected and can be deleted from the PID selection. "

So having followed the instrcutions and using analaog input 2, how do I know which one EFI live is using?

SSpdDmon
May 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Open Flashscan and hit 'F1' to open the help file. Then, refer to page 106 of 192. There's a pic to show you which connection is AD1 or AD2.

What I did was hook all 3 wires up from the LM1 to the 3-slot pin-out. Then, I logged both and used the one that made sense. That way, I didn't have to dig too deep to figure out which LM1 was the WB output vs the NB sim. Make sense?

The other thing you can do is make your own LM1 pid and program the LM1 with the Innovate software. In other words, I made the LM1 produce a 0-5V signal where 0V=11AFR and 5V=16AFR. Then, the pid equation uses the EXT.AD1 voltage and adds 11 to it to calculate the AFR being read. That equation gives it a little more resolution than the LC1 formula.

DaddySS
May 26th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Open Flashscan and hit 'F1' to open the help file. Then, refer to page 106 of 192. There's a pic to show you which connection is AD1 or AD2.

What I did was hook all 3 wires up from the LM1 to the 3-slot pin-out. Then, I logged both and used the one that made sense. That way, I didn't have to dig too deep to figure out which LM1 was the WB output vs the NB sim. Make sense?

The other thing you can do is make your own LM1 pid and program the LM1 with the Innovate software. In other words, I made the LM1 produce a 0-5V signal where 0V=11AFR and 5V=16AFR. Then, the pid equation uses the EXT.AD1 voltage and adds 11 to it to calculate the AFR being read. That equation gives it a little more resolution than the LC1 formula.

Thanks! I did hook up both and when it wasn't registering properly I took the shortcut and just swapped the wires. First run shows that I am pig rich but LTFTs and NB 02 voltage seem to contradict that. Anyway, I need to get the other bung welded in, I don't trust the readings and will wait till I get that done before I play with it anymore. I could simulate the NB with the other output but why mess around when I want the bung so that I can just insert the WB and check AFR quickly.

2002_z28_six_speed
May 30th, 2007, 04:43 PM
On page 111, why does the LM-1 cal go from 0 to 50 AFR???

Wouldn't that mean you would get half the resolution since the A-D converter is limited to 0-5V?

Is that for engines on exotic fuels?