PDA

View Full Version : low speed idle issue

Plumber
May 26th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Quick idle question for the experts. I'm experiencing idle falling to 400 or less and wanting to die only when moving slowly as in stop and go traffic or slow speed in and out of the garage. I've done the rafig proccess and its close, all other situations the idle is very good. I'd sure appreciate anyones input on which table to look at for this.

SSpdDmon
May 26th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Throttle Cracker. My cam'd car likes ~1 gram per second in the first row (400rpm). The next two rows(1000 & 1600rpm) are zero'd out to help eliminate surging. If you're going to do this, just make sure your idle thresholds (Idle>General>Parameters) and the throttle cracker activate speeds (Idle>T. Cracker>Parameters) are set appropriately.

Plumber
May 26th, 2007, 09:35 AM
The throttle cracker activate speed is currently at 3 and deactivate at two. Should these be lowered to maybe 1 and 0?

Also the idle airfloe at 0 kmh 400-1600 is at zero so your saying yours responded to adding 1gram sec to 400rpm at 0kmh spot.

I do appreciate the help thanks a bunch.

SSpdDmon
May 26th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I have the entire 400rpm row set to 1 gram per second. That way, if the revs drop, there will be added airflow to help compensate immediately.

You could drop the throttle cracker down to 2 activate & 1 deactivate. I was just saying, make sure the 'idle thresholds' are set in a manner that the throttle cracker won't be battling with the idle contol settings.

Plumber
May 27th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks SSpdDmon