PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE tuning on an automatic trans

warscout2
May 28th, 2007, 06:17 PM
What is the best gear or gears to do the autove tuning?

It seems very hard to get the lower cells should i use the scan tool to lock it it to a single gear?

Any help for me would be great.

TLKSCHP
May 28th, 2007, 06:45 PM
same question and also hitting upper WOT cells to a count of 50 with out getting in trouble. I found the transition spreadsheet helpful

Big Kahuna
May 28th, 2007, 07:56 PM
What is the best gear or gears to do the autove tuning?

It seems very hard to get the lower cells should i use the scan tool to lock it it to a single gear?

Any help for me would be great.

Another way to look at it wolud be this.

You need to do something outside of anything your likely to do in the car to hit those cells. Ie your never going to hit them under any driving conditions anyway, so why tune them?
If you wnat to make your VE table all nice and pretty to look at you can hand smooth them to blend into the surrounding cells you have hit.

IMHO no point busting your nut trying to do somethig you dont need to.

2002_z28_six_speed
May 29th, 2007, 10:16 AM
What if you are racing?

warscout2
May 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
does anyone have any ideas on tuning a auto car little tips?

hquick
May 29th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I was told to keep it in D not overdrive as I normally would on the freeway.
I try to keep on the gas as much as possible and when I need to back off I lift my foot completely off the pedal. Annoying for any passengers you may have. Lol!
I also find some back roads where I can crawl around hitting the lower RPM cells as well as where I can get up to the higher RPM area's.
I watch the WBO2 guage and try not to see any rich/lean spikes.
It's usually a case of "hey kids...lets go for a drive".

warscout2
May 29th, 2007, 06:47 PM
thanks hquick did you get most of the cells on the map.

Big Kahuna
May 29th, 2007, 06:50 PM
What if you are racing?

I think you missed my point.

Use 2nd and 3rd and exploit as many different load points in the rev ranges you can. Even simulate a couple of flat chat passes (on a private road).

If you do this then the cells youve hit are the ones your going to hit under normal driving and also under full load.throttle.
The cells that dont/cant get hit are never going to be hit anyway. Thise you can hand smooth later.

You can lock the trans in 2nd for most high load/low rev range stuff using the hand held controller.

warscout2
May 29th, 2007, 07:14 PM
thanks thats great

hquick
May 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM
As Big Kahuna said.
That's pretty much what I do. No private roads but out the back of small towns Some good, long 'un monitored' roads!
I manage to hit alot of the cells in the table but you'll never hit all!
Maybe 2/3rds.

TLKSCHP
May 30th, 2007, 02:57 AM
I have been just manual shifting and holding my shifts up close to redline and driving like a crazy man. still don't hit but mayba a 1/4 of them. but it's getting their.

joecar
May 30th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Keep an eye on TFT and don't let it overheat.

2002_z28_six_speed
May 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I have a reverse manual in my car but still it is hard to hit cells for long enough safety on the public road w/o the use of a dyno. :(