PDA

View Full Version : this is what I have done so far

Aint Skeered
May 31st, 2007, 05:52 AM
I am trying to post an attachment of my tune that will go in my truck. could some one look at it and see if it looks good so far?

cmitchell17
May 31st, 2007, 07:19 AM
Im trying to get tune a stock 5.3 too. You could probably add a little timing in the high rpm cells at high cyl air in the Fuel Mixture Spark Correction table becuase the stock base timing table is really low in that area. And Ive heard to lower your timing about 3 to 4 degrees at peak torque(5.3, around 4000).

This is just what I have done to my truck, one of the important things to get out is the PE delay mode. With tuning timing for me I dint really feel anything from it.

Ive been messing with my trans pressures. I have never been satisfied. I think the shift times might be changing my shift over time making it sloppy so I might disable them. But I have trouble with my 1-2 shifts at very light, rolling throttle.

I think that its wierd that at 50-75% throttle at low rpms it is making the same or more torque than at 6000 when it shifts, but I guess as it shifts it adds the correct pressure becuase as the rpms drop the torque increases.

I need a servo I think to make it shift hard at WOT.

With my shift pressures I might just go back to stock except for WOT. I will probably get tired of that and change it back again though.

Aint Skeered
May 31st, 2007, 08:12 AM
I am thinking about this transmission stuff. I dont really want mine to shift harder as it rides to good to make it shift hard. I am just looking for a little more kick and better towing power.

I also am using this one to learn tricks for when I dive into the trans am's ecm.

cmitchell17
May 31st, 2007, 04:28 PM
I just am never happy with my shifts and I will always want them diffrent after I drive with a hard, soft or stock shift.

Anybody have trouble with downshifting while not in the gas. When you are breaking and the transmission is downshifting? My truck has the worse downshifts when off the gas. I put the stock tune back on and it still did it.
if you are breaking slowly or normally when the trans downshifts at like 15 and 9mph it almost cluncks into the next gear you can feel it pretty goo, enough to make it annoying. If you break harder you can't really feel it except for the 2-1 downshift. Does this happen to anyone else?

Aint Skeered
June 1st, 2007, 04:49 AM
WIll my PE table kicking in early now make a difference when towing ? i dont want this thing to go faster but not be able to tow without pinging. Also, What does tow haul change in the transmission? is that the performance side of shift times and such where it is set at .3 from the factory?

sean3393
June 1st, 2007, 06:04 AM
yes, the performance column is settings for when in tow/haul

Aint Skeered
June 3rd, 2007, 01:24 AM
:nixweiss: any one care to look at what I have done to see if it is a stepin the right direction?

Aint Skeered
June 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
i flashed the truck today and so far it feels good. I ended up not leaning out the commanded air fuel in Pe mode . I will wait untill i have a wide band.
I changed shift times and tq reduction some and did away with the delay in pe mode.

I did some logging but cant figure out how to set up the dashboard with the pid's that I selected.
I am going over the tutorals but am not understanding the dashboard much.

I do better with the tune tool

I dont know, back to the reading , later.