PDA

View Full Version : Typical Filters for Auto VE tuning in SD

Big Kahuna
June 1st, 2007, 10:53 AM
Theres not a lot of info around for what filters people use while doing their AutoVe tuning.
Would you care to post up what filters your using and why?

vatman02
June 1st, 2007, 11:20 AM
the auto ve tutorial helps you set up the filters you need one for temp. and one for tps

5.7ute
June 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM
KR more than 0.00
TP is less than 2.00
TP is changing more than 5% per 100ms
ECT is less than 63 degC
Once I have applied this filter I would check the IAT & ect that is most common & add the temps that are out of range to the filter.
From then on all adjustments to the ve table are made with that filter applied to make sure transient temps arent messing with the data.

Spdfrk1990
July 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
This is kind of old but how do you know if the filter is applied or not? There is a button apply or remove filter but after you hit it and every thing is changed it doesnt say if it applied it or removed it.

mr.prick
July 28th, 2007, 06:49 PM
This is kind of old but how do you know if the filter is applied or not? There is a button apply or remove filter but after you hit it and every thing is changed it doesnt say if it applied it or removed it.
the button will be colored slightly when depressed

Spdfrk1990
July 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
the button will be colored slightly when depressed
Thanks I should of picked that up doh. Still pretty much a newbie but im getting there.

mr.prick
July 28th, 2007, 11:41 PM
btw don`t filter out your KR if you are hitting it because of lean you may miss some data spots
or if you timing is to far advanced paste and subtract.
also if you filter TPS less than 2% you will hide the low kPa cells.
my 2 cents.

Spdfrk1990
July 29th, 2007, 04:19 AM
I had to change my coolant filter also cause I have a 160 deg stat now.

5.7ute
July 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM
btw don`t filter out your KR if you are hitting it because of lean you may miss some data spots
or if you timing is to far advanced paste and subtract.
also if you filter TPS less than 2% you will hide the low kPa cells.
my 2 cents.
There is two sides to that coin. KR can cause the lean reading so the data you use could be bad. Better to filter it out of your main data & have a look at why later.
As for filtering throttle under 2%. By lifting your foot completely from the throttle while decellerating you will let the filter remove transients from this condition.