PDA

View Full Version : FAST LSX (Leaks So Extreme)

vatman02
June 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
does anyone know of a reliable way to seal up a FAST intake? i read here in another thread that others were having trouble getting them to seal on milled heads. i never suspected that it was leaking until i read that thread but after relpacing it with my stock one it is apparent that it was leaking now my auto ve has gone very well finally after a year of frustration
also how accurate will my high map areas be if i am seeing an injector duty cycle of 200%+ i suspect not good but was looking for some feedback
thanx john

joecar
June 3rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Did you install the low profile valley cover bolts that come with the FAST...?

vatman02
June 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
im not sure if they were i had someone else do the work i still lived in an apartment and no where to do it but it did have black round allen head bolts on it that i had to cut two off to install ls6 valey cover then didnt reuse bit used the bolts that came with valley cover maybe i can grind the heads down i just read through this thread http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2812&highlight=fast90 my heads were milled .030 when i got them and was told they were milled again when the broken springs were replaced not sure how much

Bruce Melton
June 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
You are in for a rough ride. You might try torquing it down a bit more but if it is bottoming on the dimples on the valley cover you might need to grind the underside of the FAST for clearance. I don't envy you.

vatman02
June 4th, 2007, 08:48 AM
im pretty sure that the burst panels are in the way as well i had to rewire one of the knock because the wire was crushed and eventualy severed i put the stock ls6 back on but it just doesn't have the same response at part throttle and i lost 10 kpa at WOT and about 1.5#s of boost

cme265
June 4th, 2007, 11:50 AM
so if i read this right, the only time the fast 90 has a problem sealing up is with milled heads and not stock or untouched?

vatman02
June 4th, 2007, 12:07 PM
thats what i got from the thread listed above http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2812&highlight=fast90 but it is pretty long

cme265
June 4th, 2007, 12:26 PM
cool, thanks, thought about dropping the cash, but after reading that, i'll spend it on some 1.85 rockers....or lots of beer

vatman02
June 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
well im still kicking myself for buying it but it was worth over a pound of boost im going to do my best to get it to work even though upon inspecting it i have several cracks on the inside on the bottom but they dont appear to be cracked all the way threw so i might get lucky and still be able to use it

Chalky
June 7th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Contact Tony Mamo @ AFR. I know he has had a lot of success selling his modified FAST90. I know he also offers a set of upgraded intake runner gaskets that help seal the unit when installing.

tony@airflowresearch.com