PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!!!!!

farmdawg
June 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I am a complete newb on this computer tuning, but you gotta start somewhere right?

I have an 02 Camaro SS with 5.7 and an A4. The bottom end has been forged and is pretty new around 7-8k miles on it.
I have installed ported 243 heads that have the combustion chambers milled out to 72cc, .058 mls gaskets, Kooks 1 7/8 race headers, A.I.R. and EGR deleted, Blower grind Comp Cam with 226/234 .598/.599 and a 117LSA, Magnaflow high-flow cats on a 3inch Y-pipe, Accel 44# injectors, Walbro 340 fuel pump w/hot wire kit, NGK TR55 IX plugs, and to top it all off an Eaton Magnacharger setup with a 2.9 pulley for 10# of boost, and the MAgnavolt BAP. It's setup to run on a SD tune with 2 bar map.

I need to order a Wideband to fine tune this setup, but right now I'm trying to get it started first, and get a safe tune on it to drive it to a dyno shop here in Hawaii on Oahu. I have read through the AUTOVE tutorial, and have uploaded COS 02020003 according to the guide, and have followed the Custom OS upgrade tutorial as far as I can. I tried to start the car last night, and got it to run for about 5 seconds and then it died and haven't been able to get it started after that.:bawl: because I am learning how to do tuning on this car, I REALLY need some help.:nixweiss: :help2: I don't know what to adjust or tweak to get my car running. PLEASE somebody, look at my tune and help me out. I need to get my car started and safe to drive staying out of boost, or lite boost until I can get it in a local shop for tuning on a dyno.

Beer99C5
June 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Start with your plugs, I had brand new ones in when I uploaded COS 5. Fouled all eight of em. Same as you ran for about 5 seconds and would not start.

The guru's will chime in and point ya in the right direction. Don't start the car again till they straighten you out on your tables (unless you like changing the plugs again).

http://www.retrorelics.net/jim/Boards/EFILive/plug3b.JPG

Oh yes, Welcome to the forum :)

farmdawg
June 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks, I'll check the plugs and see what they look like.

wait4me
June 6th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Your injector flow rate needs to be set in that tune. That will fix the no start.

B4001.

Also you will need to put your ve table B0101 back to stock and just modify the lower rpms for the cam. Then do the auto tuning with your wideband and it will set itself.

purrvert
June 6th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Your boost VE needs to start with the same settings you have in main VE table 105kpa column.

farmdawg
June 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Here is the "revised tune" that I got, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too lean. Trying to heat cycle the car and check for leaks I discovered that the driver's side cat was glowing bright, cherry red, and it wouldn't stay running unless I gave it more than 10% throttle. Nothing blew up or burned down, but it was probably close.

So, I know that it needs more fuel and I need to richen it up, but I have no idea where to give it more fuel, or how much to give it.:nixweiss:

PLEASE HELP????!!!!! :master: I would be eternally grateful.:cheers:

joecar
June 11th, 2007, 06:35 PM
You're using Lambda units it seems, change to EQ units and reset your B3647.

farmdawg
June 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
HUH???!!!!!! Change the B3647 to what?

joecar
June 12th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Change it from this (dangerously lean at high load):
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3514/leance6.png

To something like this:
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2230/88027019tf0.png

joecar
June 12th, 2007, 01:39 AM
In the tunetool, go Edit->Properties and check that the commanded fuel values display in EQ or AFR and not Lambda.

farmdawg
June 12th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Thanks, Ill check that out. I never really got the car above a raised idle, the highest rpm recorded was around 1900 I believe. This tune was supposed to be a "safe idle" tune to check for leaks and heat cycle the car once, with a better more detailed tune to drive on coming later, but I'm getting tired of waiting after about 4 weeks just for a tune to get my car out of the garage.:mad: The guy I bought my kit from had some issues with equipment, a hospital stay, and some downtime that has drug this out far too long. I'm ready to drive my car again, but the tune isn't yet.

farmdawg
June 13th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Ok, my LM-1 wideband came in today, and I know that it's compatible with EFILive, so how do I connect it? I use the analog connections with the little orange connectors, right? Does it matter what wire goes to what terminal on the flashscan V2 and where does the wire I'm assuming is a ground wire connect?

It may seem like a no brainer to some, but I have never done this kind of tuning before, and I'm learning as i go, or at least trying to.