PDA

View Full Version : What could this dip in my VE be from?

ViolatorTA
June 6th, 2007, 10:27 AM
OK, Now that I'm back to giving time to my tuning learning again I decided to try and smooth my VE table and start AutoVE over again. The table is staying smoother this go-around but the dip is still there in the 80/85kpa-1600/2400 rpm range. What could be causing this? I have a similar one in the 60kpa/2000rpm cell also. Could this be 80kpa IFR calc wrong or something else? Maybe it's normal for my setup. Don't know but I don't like it either. It's messing with my smooth table.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/Violatorno1/VEnew.jpg

mr.prick
June 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
i don`t know what your mods are, but i have a similar spot
but in a lower rpm range.

Doc
June 6th, 2007, 03:38 PM
That looks like a DCFO spot.

SSpdDmon
June 6th, 2007, 11:39 PM
That looks like a DCFO spot.
I don't think so. DFCO is on the other side of the table. He's talking about the hills around 80-85kPa.

I think it might have to do with engine load. The majority of the time you're in that range, you're usually in 6th gear. Engine load is rather high due to the 0.5:1 overdrive. At least....that's my guess.

ViolatorTA
June 7th, 2007, 07:52 AM
DFCO is turned off. Doing AutoVE. None of my logs have made it to 6th gear but that "lugging" does bring to question, can it be from the idle dipping low(again) when I let off and depress the clutch comming to a stop? The engine drops low in rpm's and map goes high there.

I'm talking about the 75-85map/1600-2800rpm cells to be specific. Seems to be a large variance where one rpm cell is higher than the one below it. ect