PDA

View Full Version : June V2 update

jfpilla
June 7th, 2007, 03:13 AM
It seems that the speedometer calculator isn't working right for C5's when you change gears. The shift point adjuster, automatic and selected %, always selects 0% correction.
If you change tire size the shift point selector does make a change.

jfpilla
August 10th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Paul,
It seems the shift point calculator still isn't working.
Joe

Blacky
August 10th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Hi Joe,

Sorry if this is an obvious queastion, but are you using the latest software version?
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#download1

Regards
Paul

jfpilla
August 12th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Hi Joe,

Sorry if this is an obvious queastion, but are you using the latest software version?
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#download1

Regards
Paul

Paul,
Yes, as well the latest update.
EFILiveV742_534_666_657_60
EFILiveV742_535_667_659_61
Does your reply mean it's only happening to me?
Joe

jfpilla
August 12th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I am talking about the shift point correction tool.

Would someone like to try it and see if it's me or the tool?
Thanks
joe

joecar
August 13th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Joe,

So you're saying that if you change the gear ratio the correction says 0%...

but if you change tire size then it says the right correction...?

Blacky
August 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Paul,
Yes, as well the latest update.
EFILiveV742_534_666_657_60
EFILiveV742_535_667_659_61
Does your reply mean it's only happening to me?
Joe
No, not at all. There are many of "issues" related to calculating the correct speedo settings and shift point adjustments. It is something that we will be addressing in the very near future. I just wanted to know which version you are using so that I'm not chasing ghosts that may have already been fixed.

When I get a spare minute, I will try to write up a "this is how the PCM calculates the various speeds" tutorial which will allow customers to figure out most settings for themselves. If you know how it works and why some values appear to be wrong and what are the limitations of the speedo calculator, then it makes it a lot easier (and probably more accurate) to configure the various settings manually with a pen/paper/calculator.

Regards
Paul

jfpilla
August 13th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Joe,

So you're saying that if you change the gear ratio the correction says 0%...

but if you change tire size then it says the right correction...?

If I change the gear ratio and select apply it makes the correct changes to the "Speedo Calculator". It then sends you to the "Shift Point Correction'' table, but applies 0 as the correction factor. If I change tire size it will apply a correction factor. I don't know if it's correct or not.
Try it for yourself. Only change the gear ratio and apply it. What correction factor do you get?

jfpilla
August 13th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Paul,
V1 did calculate shift points pretty well. Here's a screen shot of what I get.
Joe

jfpilla
August 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Paul,
I did enter a 3:15 gear ratio to my current file(3:90s) and the Speedo Calculator numbers do compare well to my stock 3:15 file. It just no longer creates new shift points. Hope this helps.
Joe