PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE MAF sensor calibration

Ritch
June 7th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Instead of unplugging I have changed B5001 to read 0.000 Grm/Sec. Effectively this is the same? I think. It worked OK last year. Confirmations?

slopokegtp
June 12th, 2007, 04:51 AM
good thought. I hope someone confims this as well, it will save me a BUNCH of time rigging up my 5 wire maf to a 2 wire IAT:Eyecrazy:

Doc
June 12th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Yes that will work. Just make sure you have the enabler DTCs set to 1, 1 trip so you get the hard MAF failure. You don't have to have it show up on the dash but you must have the failure otherwise you will be in no-man's land.

RacerChris
June 15th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Yes that will work. Just make sure you have the enabler DTCs set to 1, 1 trip so you get the hard MAF failure. You don't have to have it show up on the dash but you must have the failure otherwise you will be in no-man's land.

What DTC's to I set to those values? The ones listed to report Not reported in the Auto VE tutorial?
Thanks

SSpdDmon
June 15th, 2007, 04:03 AM
I think he's talking about the table where you change the MAF Fail Frequency. Right below the fail frequencies are the fail limits or the number of times the MAF is allowed to fail before it is actually ignored (and the car switches over to SD). From they factory, it may have to fail 6 times or so. He's saying set it to 1 failure.

The DTC prcessing enablers need to show one trip as well. If you don't change the DTC processing enabler for the MAF from 2 trips to 1, it may not enter SD mode. Then, the MAF could remain active and screw you up.

FreddyG
June 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM
If you do this with the 5 wire MAF, does the IAT sensor still work?

Chevy366
June 21st, 2007, 09:08 AM
If you do this with the 5 wire MAF, does the IAT sensor still work?
Yes !

FreddyG
June 21st, 2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks! :cheers: