PDA

View Full Version : Blck box logging weirdness :(

kp
May 21st, 2005, 03:30 PM
Was at the track today with my car for the first tiem today trying out the black box logging. Its one of those dreaded 98s :) Anyhow in some parts of the log the IAT, ECT and KR go crazy, the timing stays OK as well as the RPM. I have 19 PIDs selected using dynamic. Here is a pic of whats going on. Anything I can do do try to stop it? Its fine using the laptop to log, only does it when black box logging - which BTW is an awesome feature at the dragstrip instead if having the laptop in the car.

Blacky
May 21st, 2005, 05:24 PM
Are any of your PIDs set to priority 2 or 3 before you program them into FlashScan? A problem was discovered in that area just a few days ago.

Regards
Paul

kp
May 22nd, 2005, 02:28 AM
I found where to change the parmaeter's priority in the data screen but is there a way to check what priority they are without changing them - probably missing something here :)

Blacky
May 22nd, 2005, 10:23 AM
The icon just left to the PID name will show "1", "2" or "3".
Paul

kp
May 22nd, 2005, 04:16 PM
Heh, guess that couldnt be much more obvious :) They are all set to one. I can send you a bunch of logs, some did it and some didnt if you want to look at them.

Blacky
May 22nd, 2005, 06:20 PM
Heh, guess that couldnt be much more obvious :) They are all set to one. I can send you a bunch of logs, some did it and some didnt if you want to look at them.

What would be more useful is if it happens again, before you clear the black box logs, dump the memory contents and send me the file that is created. (paul@efilive.com)

To dump the memory, click the [Dump] button which is right next to the [Retrieve] button.
The file will be called: My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug reports\FlashScan.mem

Regards
Paul

kp
May 22nd, 2005, 07:02 PM
I have all the logs from yesterday and today in there, I'll dump it and send it. Half of them are OK and 1/2 of them have the glitches.