PDA

View Full Version : Still trying to get fueling there

DaddySS
June 9th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I have added a lot to the ve and it still runs with a slight chop, in the 7% throttle 2200 rpm range. It's as though there is an override preventing it from adding enough fuel. Not sure if the strategy should be cracker or follower but I am going to take them 1 at time and try to increase in small increments.

Not sure what else to do...it's getting very aggravating and time consuming.:frown:

joecar
June 10th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Post your tun file, if it's ok.

DaddySS
June 10th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Will do, thanks...I obviously need help and know a lot less than I thought!:bawl:

DaddySS
June 10th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Here ya go, I really appreciate any help.......:help2:

joecar
June 10th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Your file's filename got truncated...

I re-attached it for you so it could be viewed.

:)

DaddySS
June 10th, 2007, 08:29 AM

mr.prick
June 10th, 2007, 09:00 AM
by chop do you mean lean?

DaddySS
June 10th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, in all other areas except light throttle, 1900 to 2600 ish RPM it sound choppy - when I go into bidirectional and lower the AFR it clears right up but no mater how much I add to the VE table it doesn't get better.

Chevy366
June 10th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Yes, in all other areas except light throttle, 1900 to 2600 ish RPM it sound choppy - when I go into bidirectional and lower the AFR it clears right up but no mater how much I add to the VE table it doesn't get better.
You mean taking away from VE , adding richen the VE thus increasing the AFR , right ? You say you lower the AFR it clears up ?
In other words if the VE has a larger value it makes the AFR richer ?:nixweiss:

DaddySS
June 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM
You mean taking away from VE , adding richen the VE thus increasing the AFR , right ? You say you lower the AFR it clears up ?
In other words if the VE has a larger value it makes the AFR richer ?:nixweiss:
Increase VE, which adds fuel and lowers the AFR value ie 12.7 AFR is richer than 14.7 AFR.

Chevy366
June 10th, 2007, 03:36 PM
{b3601} ?

ViolatorTA
June 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Are you sure your wideband is setup correctly? Any vacuum or exhaust leaks?

Are you logging and making changes with the tune the way it is or are you setting up open loop speed density to log?

If you are logging the way it is, log ltft's and stft's and see how much fuel the pcm is trying to add.

DaddySS
June 10th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Are you sure your wideband is setup correctly? Any vacuum or exhaust leaks?

Are you logging and making changes with the tune the way it is or are you setting up open loop speed density to log?

If you are logging the way it is, log ltft's and stft's and see how much fuel the pcm is trying to add.

I am logging the way it is. LTFT - It's trying to add between 2 and 6 , STFT - between 5 and 15 but when I add it doesn't help.

I've gone through my notes and I notice the lean condition started around when I changed the TF RPM multiplier to try to reduce the cruise control effect.

ViolatorTA
June 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Change it back to see what happens. I still believe TC and TF are not compensated for for fueling and that they will indeed affect A/F.

DaddySS
June 11th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Well I went even further than that!

I am convinced that there is some kind of relationship between the VE tables, TC and TF. Anyway, last night I was really getting disappointed in the whole process and thinking Geez - I could lose the whole summer of driving fighting this thing.

I decided that the old 2000 tune and the new OS don't mix, and you can't mix and match parts so......I fixed just the DTCs and MILs, Speedo, etc. and loaded the stock tune with - stock VE, Spark, TC, TF, etc.

Surprisingly it ran pretty well. I then adjusted the VE just a bit in the range I have been having trouble with and it immediately responded. I am going to leave it for a while until I get a better handle, get my WB02 bung welded up, etc.

It seems to me that modifying the stock 2002 tune is going to be more manageable for me than trying to figure out the interaction when the VE, TC, TF, PE, CF have been bastardized by using the calibrations from the original tune.

Someone had suggested that when I started this, and perhaps I should have listened, but I thought "It's running fine except for a little knock retard, it should be fine with the new OS".