PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tordne.

ViolatorTA
June 9th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I read before that you have figured out how to get control of your SVO 42 injectors on decel. If you don't mind, may I ask the best approach?

Thanks in advance
Shawn

Tordne
June 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I'm back down to SVO 30's now. I essentially found that the minimum pulse that the 42's could sustain would still flow too much fuel - subsequently running very rich.

The key tables are the offset and small pulse tables, and the values make very radical changes. A difference of 0.02 ms pulse can be the difference between running in the 13:1 AFR or 17's :eek:

ViolatorTA
June 9th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I figured they would still be rich on decel. I'm running heads and cam, do you think I can get them close or are they just too big?

Tordne
June 9th, 2007, 07:30 PM
They were only a problem on decel, which I'd imagine will be resolved by DFCO when you have finished the tune anyway.

I found there was massive variance between the min/max values in the decel cells, so I just excluded really low BEN factors through the filters.

If you need 42's for safe fuelling under load you have no real choice but to deal with the richness. Have a look at your offset tables though and see if you can get it better... That is where a RoadRunner comes in real handy!!

ViolatorTA
June 10th, 2007, 02:22 AM
That's something I havn't done nor understood. Logging for different cells such as decel cells. Maybe it's I never read up on it. I take it I'd want to log GM.FTC so I can use it as part of the filter?

Tordne
June 10th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah I generally log that PID. I'd use also create a filter criteria like BEN > 0.95 or something to get rid of the super lean cells.