PDA

View Full Version : Why?

ViolatorTA
June 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Here's the file.

Here is the ben map from a quick run around the block.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/Violatorno1/99tuneben.jpg

Here is the ben map from a good long log on the SD tune with VE table scaled down with numorous logs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/Violatorno1/SDtuneben.jpg

MAF is descreened stock 99 and has been disconnected for over a year uncleaned.

The car fired right up and idle rich(12.5) then straightened right up with a few small throttle blips. Ran nearly as good as the sd tune with different TC & TF tables. SD tune has 2002 tables,this tune has 99 tables.

I figured with such a steep VE, 231/237 cam,LS6 intake,42.5 injectors, no A.I.R, no EGR and LT's she shouldn't have even run.

joecar
June 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Hiding low count cells and filtering throttle transitions, low temps, dfco...?

ViolatorTA
June 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Both maps are completely non filtered. The closed loop(1st map from above tune) is actually lower IAT temps done after the sun went down. The SD(2nd map)was from mid-day today.

DFCO was off for both.

SSpdDmon
June 11th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I think I missed the question...what are you asking 'why?' about?

ViolatorTA
June 11th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Why does it run so well with a stock VE with my mods? The ben maps aren't really that far off and I actually got less high ben values than normally with the SD VE. The averages look low but that took a longer log to get them there in SD.

Doc
June 11th, 2007, 03:44 AM
A little dim here, are you saying that the first log is with the stock VE table and the second one is after AutoVE? The reason why I say this is the idle area on the first log looks a little better than the second but over all, they are both on the rich side of life for me.

ViolatorTA
June 11th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Exactly Doc. With the overlap on the cam I couldn't get lower map and idle regions to lean out for the life of me. The 2nd map, Auto VE, although incomplete is from a log run in OLSD with MAF offline that is fairly smooth. The 1st map, stock 1999 VE is from a log in full closed loop with MAF back online descreened and untouched cal. Once it warms up idle is the best it's ever been since the H/C swap. Throttle transitions a pretty good and could be much better with some TC/TF tweaking. The closed loop tune is the one attached.

ViolatorTA
June 11th, 2007, 04:49 AM
To add to that, IPW's were all over the place in OLSD with some in the low map/rpm regions at .55. With the closed loop setup and stoc VE IPW's are stable with nothing lower than 1.75.

redhardsupra
June 11th, 2007, 04:57 AM
maf is good because it measures airflow/airmass, automagically accounting for things like pressure and temperature and humidity.
BEN's give you a change in airMASS but when you adjust VE you're adjusting volumetric efficiency table, not airmass. while VE is a component in calculating the airmass, it's not the only one. with MAF you dont have any of these problems.

one trick to find out what's kicking your ass is start filtering out certain conditions, like low ECT or high IAT or sudden TPS transitions, and see if the numbers get better. if you find a particular thing that seems to really clean it up for you, you know you're not accounting for it somewhere. it's kinda an art at this point, but i haven't found a better way to arrive at what's missing from the tune.

also, looking at averages might not be the best idea. equal amounts of -30% and +30% will give you 0 average, but i dont think it's gonna run nicely :/ again, use filters and look at min/max/avg. if you're feeling adventurous, dump your log in excel and look at standard deviation (oh how i wish efi had it built in!)

there's a lot more to getting fueling right than just following BEN's.

ViolatorTA
June 11th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I have filtered for all the above plus filtered out FTC 21 and still the results are about the same.

I've noticed a PID in live GM.CHRGTEMP_DMA. Is this a working PID for LS1/6 and can we use it for VE in any way? I havn't figured out how to unlock it.