PDA

View Full Version : Problem with upgrade code

SE04DMAX
June 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I am going through entering everything and when it gets to the flashScan V2 Licensing it says my upgrade code is not correct. I copyed it directly from my email i got with all the info. Any ideas????

joecar
June 12th, 2007, 06:13 PM
SE04DMAX, I pm'd Paul, he will let you know what to do.

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Blacky
June 12th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Email your FlashScan V2 serial number and upgrade code to me at paul@efilive.com.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 12th, 2007, 09:48 PM
That is the correct code that you emailed to me.

There is a known issue where an error message is displayed even though the upgrade completed successfully. It is a timing issue, where the EFILive software does not wait long enough for the FlashScan unit to upgrade itself. Even though the error message is displayed, the upgrade completes successfully about half a second after EFILive gives up waiting.

After you see the error message, please check the right hand part of the FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing window. If you see available VIN licenses, instead of the "This device is a Scan only device" message, then the upgrade has worked ok.

Regards
Paul

ringram
June 12th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, you can also click the refresh button. It normally shows up ok.

Another problem is when the software and hardware firmware revisions are not compatible. You might need to update your handset. I had this with a customer using .38fw, upgraded to .40 and it was fine.

SE04DMAX
June 20th, 2007, 11:14 PM
I will check it today, i have been gone to Alaska for a week. I will get back to you guys and let you know if i'm ok.

Thanks steve

SE04DMAX
June 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM
No dice guys, it still reads scan only. Under the flash scan license it says the flash scan serial number and to the right it says scan only device and cannot be used for reflashing.

SE04DMAX
June 21st, 2007, 01:51 AM
Another problem is when the software and hardware firmware revisions are not compatible. You might need to update your handset. I had this with a customer using .38fw, upgraded to .40 and it was fine.

I tried to update the firmware and i get to the part that you have to select what you want to program into the firmware and there is not any programs there. I have the latest software version downloaded into my laptop and i was following the tutorial.???????

SE04DMAX
June 21st, 2007, 03:20 AM
I got it, it was the firmware!!!!