PDA

View Full Version : TBSS: Logs and Tuning

4DRSS
June 13th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I figured that there is no specific infomation in one spot for the trailblazer SS, so Im starting a thread to gain more knowledge on this subject. I want to know what the best / required PID's to select for data-logging with the scan tool. Can someone take a look at this log and tell me what looks good and what looks bad.

SinisterSS
June 13th, 2007, 10:49 AM
One way to get better data is to reduce the number of channels down from 32 to 24 or less. With 32 channels the time between data points is 0.7 seconds which is too coarse of data for dialing in a new tune and cam.

By reducing the number of channels down, the data sampling will be much more fine and will provide data samples about every tenth of a second. For a beginning EFILive user, the default PID lists such as "Default LS2 Imperial LS2.pid" will work very well.

A key to tuning is integration of a wideband O2 sensor. A WBO2 plugged into your EFILive interface will provide very useful data that correlates what the PCM is commanding and how the engine is responding to those respective commands.

4DRSS
June 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks. Good to know.

4DRSS
July 2nd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Heres a log taken today for about an hour drive. It still seams like its falling flat somewhere??