PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Schematic Needed

VetPet
June 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me with an electrical schematic of the power center. I've got two diagnostics codes and need to check a relay but can't determine which is the correct one for AIR injection pump without a schematic. If someone can provide me with one or point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

joecar
June 14th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Remind me which vehicle/year...

I'll dig thru my stuff when I get home tonite...

:beer:

Edit: oh I see, 2001 Y-body: showthread.php?t=5495 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5495)

Maggie
June 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

joecar
June 15th, 2007, 01:14 AM
That's the one... :cheers: ...shows relay 33 (it looks like 32, but it's 33), located in the underhood fuse center (see just below upper left):

VetPet
June 15th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Thanks folks. Just what i needed. Much appreciated.

:cheers:

VetPet
June 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I've ruled out the relay for the AIR injection pump using the bidi controls in flashscan. I need to check the relay for the solenoid that controls the air bleed off on the pump. I know it's #42 in the power center but the schematic doesn't show it. Could either of you provide the rest of it?

Thanks

joecar
June 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I've ruled out the relay for the AIR injection pump using the bidi controls in flashscan. I need to check the relay for the solenoid that controls the air bleed off on the pump. I know it's #42 in the power center but the schematic doesn't show it. Could either of you provide the rest of it?

Thanks

:cheers:The diagram shows the AIR solenoid connected to:
- PCM on one end,
- relay 42 "IGN" on the other end;

is this the relay you're referring to, or did I misread something (heppens alot... :lol:)...?

VetPet
June 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Joecar, I found out which one it is in the power center. It is #42, the one in the top right hand corner next to the maxi-fuses. When I printed off a copy of your schematic it didn't print the whole thing but now that I went back and reopened it I was able to find it. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

VetPet
June 15th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Joecar, do you how you remove the relay from the power center? I tried to pull it out but it wouldn't budge. Is there something else that needs to be released before it will come out?

joecar
June 15th, 2007, 01:33 PM
No worries... :cheers:

There's nothing holding it in, the socket contacts are pretty snug...

If you have a strong grip, you can grip it and wiggle it out...

or with channel lock pliers grip it [without crushing it] and wiggle it side-to-side while pulling up [without crushing it]...

can help it along the way by prying [carefully] with a screwdriver under it...

You should disconnect the battery when doing this to avoid shorting due to the screwdriver.

When you re-install it, lube the pins with clean grease/petrolatum (keeps the water out and allows easier removal later on).

VetPet
June 16th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Thanks. I'll take a crack at it today.

VetPet
June 17th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Relays and solenoids all working properly. Looks like I've got a vacuum problem in the line that applies vaccuum to the air bleed valve. When I apply vaccuum manually to the air bleed valve I can get air to come out of the AIR pump. When I activate the solenoid that controls vaccuum to the air bleed valve the solenoid activates but I don't get the vaccuum signal needed to open the air bleed valve. The solenoid that controls the vaccuum signal is hidden under the fender panel in front of the passenger side door. There is also a vaccuum distribution valve located there as well. If anyone could provide me with a schematic of the vacuum lines it would be appreciated. I've probably got a broken vaccuum line.

Thanks

joecar
June 17th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I couldn't find any diagrams for the vacuum hoses/tubes...:nixweiss:

VetPet
June 21st, 2007, 03:59 AM
Joecar,

The problem turned out to be a melted vacuum line behind the engine that goes to the diverter valve. Had to take it to the dealer because in order to access it you have to lower the engine. The vacuum lines are bundled with the wiring harness. I don't think the headers would have melted the line but the harness was repositioned on the firewall to move it further away. Thanks for your help.