PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE question

RacerChris
June 15th, 2007, 04:33 AM
I am nearing the end of my AutoVE tuning..... I think...:cheers: But I have a few questions.... In the tutorial it states not to perform the last steps if you are running COS3 or later, (im running COS 5) Why would I not want to return the computer to closed loop speed density? Is there any benifits to doing this or is there a specific reason you shouldnt? Also... By not doing this is there anything that should be changed back to stock perimeters in the original tune, (cat protect, PE, ect...). By not changing back to closed loop speed density am I continually tuning the engine by viewing WB data and adjusting the VE table or are ther other perimiters I should tune???? (spark, throttle cracker, ect..)

Sorry for so many Q's at once but I am just trying to figure this thing out!:)
Thanks again guys!

SSpdDmon
June 15th, 2007, 06:11 AM
I thought the custom OS's had a semi-closed loop feature?? You should be able to run closed loop if you want to. It's just a matter of activating the short & long term fuel trims. Assuming you have a decent set of working NBO2's hooked up, you may as well use 'em.

Double check with the custom OS guys though. They might know something I don't.

As for COT, I never turned it back on. Leaving the MAF disabled sounds like what you want to do. The spark octane tables can be tuned equally or you can pull some out of the low octane table incase you get a bad tank of gas. That's more personal preference.

kbracing96
June 15th, 2007, 06:37 AM
With custom OS's, LTFT are disabled permanently, but if you use stoich (14.63 or 14.68 depending on your pcm) AFR in the B4637, the PCM will use STFT to keep AFR it in check, (semi closed loop) and will go full open loop when you get into any other AFR on that table.

RacerChris
June 15th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks Demon and KB! I believe I now understand the COS better. Does anyone have any other input on the last few questions...

"Also... By not doing this is there anything that should be changed back to stock perimeters in the original tune, (cat protect, PE, ect...). By not changing back to closed loop speed density am I continually tuning the engine by viewing WB data and adjusting the VE table or are ther other perimiters I should tune???? (spark, throttle cracker, ect..)"

I will be sure to post this as well in the COS threads Demon. Thanks again!:cheers: