PDA

View Full Version : Basic tuning question............

FreddyG
June 16th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Hi Guys,

I've got a Vortech V2 SQ trim supercharger on my car and was wondering if I'm going to AutoVE tune it, should I start with my stock base tune (before the blower was installed) or use the tune that the tuner did? What problems could I encounter by starting with the stock tune? What might I encounter with the Current SC tune?

I've spoken to a couple of Very knowledgeable tuners that have looked over my file and they didn't sound too impressed with the tune that was put into my car and said that I could do better, so I'm going to give it a try, now that my WB02 is installed. I think that I might even jump over to the COS3 OS, but this is my first try at a major tune in my car and I'm Very Nervous of screwing something up! COS3 looks a little overwhelming to me right now!

I'm like a corn field, in that I'm all ears and would Appreciate any and all input that you'd be willing to share with me! :cheers:

Thanks in advance!

slopokegtp
June 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM
i would suspect you timing stock would be WAY too high and you would get insane KR. Also, your fueling stock will be much to lean expecially if you are running over 4lbs of boost. Stick with the tuners tune and go from there:notacrook:

FreddyG
June 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Thank You! :cheers: That's along the line that I was thinking, but thought that I'd ask to make sure! I Appreciate your help! :cheers: