PDA

View Full Version : GMT900 Denali / Escalade L92 Tuning

arubenstein
June 16th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience tuning this motor. I have access to a Denali L92, and was wondering if anyone else had a tune from a Escalade L92. I am curious what the differences are that causes a mildly different horsepower rating between the two.

Also, any pointers on tuning this motor and transmission. Any 'gotchas' or 'don't do thats'. One thing I plan on really working on is the horrendously bad torque management that is so obvious on this setup, especially 1->2.

RonC
June 16th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I have a new 6.2 Sierra Denali and have started tuning on it. We don't have the 6l80 tuning yet and the shift points are terrible also IMO. Removing everything I can now in the ECM still leaves too much TR to suit me. I had quite a bit of KR in several places with the stock tune which managed to have only 20 degrees of WOT timing with between 6 to 11 degrees of KR using 91 oct fuel. I have managed to get it up to 25 degrees average with very little KR. It is more responsive and runs noticable better, but it needs more tuning. I can't get the timing to follow the high oct tables as it keeps adding timing from some other tables not in the latest download yet, I think. We need several other ECM tables before we can completely tune the engine, but I'm happy to have this much for now. Torque reduction is better after tuning but we need the TCM tuning to remove more to where the the shifts feels good and shifts when you want it to. I will send you my starter tune to look at and try if you want, just PM me your email address.

Ron

GMPX
June 16th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Ron, I think you will find there is probably most of the main spark tables in there. What you need to do is log the DMA Spark PID's to see the base timing (as calculated from the High/Low tables with the Octane scaler applied), then look at the PID's that show you the rest of the makeup to the final spark timing. Also log the Octane Scaler value (0 = High Octane, 1 = Low Octane) which is the opposite to LS1.

As an example the IAT spark table is pretty aggressive, not sure how well the intake temps cool down on those trucks but I'd bet if you logged the IAT spark PID you would see it pulling out maybe 2 or 3 degrees.

Remember to keep your PID selection at or below 24 channels for optimal logging speed, when selecting DMA PID's be wary that some take up as much as 4 channels. The spark ones are generally two.

Cheers,
Ross

RonC
June 17th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Ross, I have logged the base spark at 18 with the final at 26 degrees. I have copied the low oct into the high to defeat the scaler. The problem I'm seeing is it is adding timing. Is the base spark the same as the high or low oct tables as I don't see a base spark table like the LS1 has? What I have in the high oct table is very close the base spark logged. IAT temp was 82 degrees and I had changed that line to zero already. I have zeroed out B5112 up to 1.35 EQ, disabled B0804 cat protect and I don't see anything else to do. Does the VVT add spark? I will log more of the spark pids tomorrow when I get the wideband hooked up and see if I can find it. I was logging 27 pids and 30 channels but it wouldn't log if I selected any more. At the bottom of the log data page it says " Channels: 30/4200 ". Is that the fastest logging speed or will it log faster with 24 channels? My LS1 logs say " Channels: 24/4200 ".

Ron

markislive
October 4th, 2007, 06:02 AM
There is an additional table for VCP "Variable Cam Phaser"

Looks like this...

EDIT: Offensive Picture Removed

SinisterSS
October 4th, 2007, 11:55 AM
In real tuning software, the Cam Phaser Timing is {B5154}.

markislive
October 13th, 2007, 05:26 AM
In real tuning software, the Cam Phaser Timing is {B5154}.

Ouch, just trying to help! Glad I went with the other guys!

SinisterSS
October 13th, 2007, 08:20 AM
If the other guys are so wonderful, why are you here? :)

markislive
October 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Like I said I was just trying to help, not many folks have the new 6.2L. I found this place a while back when I was interested in a diesel. Now when yall fail to help out your own people remember what you are actually willing to chime in on.... I wasn't asking for help...notice my post count and my posts. Didn't realize the hate going on. I just failed in thinking that if you owned a 6.2L someone might appreciate feedback. this wasn't about EFI live this was about fellow 6.2L owners. I would have bought yall product had the forums been better, I was only trying to trade tips since few folks know about 6.2L VVT. Can u blame me now? I guess i'm not welcome. Sorry for having good intentions! God bless, U will need it!

I will never post or attempt to help out such a limited group of 6.2L folks again in this forum....good luck with life!

BTW I'm running 13's with intake and tune...So kiss my A$$

GMPX
October 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Take it easy guys, this isn't LS1Tech :)
Thanks anyway markislive

Cheers,
Ross

Newguy
January 14th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I have posted elsewhere that I am swapping a L92 and 6L80E into a 66 GTO... and I live in MN... so SinisterSS - we should hook up sometime...

Does anyone have a tuned L92 file they can send me? I need to get the VATS/security stuff all shut off. The other problem I have is the engine and trans are from two different donor cars - diff VIN's??

The guys at V8TV are going to be doing the swap... www.V8TVSHOW.com

1FastMax
February 18th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Hey guys, i also picked up an 08 Denali 6.2 AWD. Im looking to tune it. Can any body send me somthing to get started with?

1FastMax
February 18th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Here is the stock tune.

1FastMax
February 18th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Oh, btw interested in killing some of the torque limiting, and improving fuel economy. I can do wonders on a duramax with efi, but this denali is a whole different animal.

68problemchild
March 31st, 2010, 01:06 PM
I am trying to do this with a custom cam VVT from a 2007 Escalade. 4l70E tranny.

Anyone have any starting points to tune? Base tunes?

Any advice on who is the top tuner for this motor with VVT?

Thanks!

schulte
July 2nd, 2011, 03:14 AM
I am trying to do this with a custom cam VVT from a 2007 Escalade. 4l70E tranny.

Anyone have any starting points to tune? Base tunes?

Any advice on who is the top tuner for this motor with VVT?

Thanks!

Same question... Who's good in the business of tuning the 6.2 L92?

68problemchild
July 4th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Same question... Who's good in the business of tuning the 6.2 L92?

jdaniels1730@gmail.com

I ended up with Justin because he is local but he also turned out to be incredibly good.