PDA

View Full Version : New V2 / LC-1 input calibration tool

mistermike
June 19th, 2007, 03:54 AM
I finally decided to replace the Fluke 87 that was stolen from my job so I could calibrate the widebands to my V2 cable. Nothing quite like 50,000 count accuracy and automation up the yingyang.
http://www.tecratools.com/pages/service/graphics/37289l.jpg
Interestingly, I didn't have much luck using the recommended procedure for tweaking the V2 A/D calibration, particularly in light of the D/A output error in the LC-1, and used an alternative technique. I set low side to 0V and told the high side it was seeing the commanded voltage rather than the actual. FWIW, my AFR's using the standard PID now track the LogWorks value within less than 0.2 AFR error over the range of interest. It would appear that there's more than one way to skin that cat. Although I didn't go this way, I'm going to try to come up with a spreadsheet that will allow you to do your calibration on the LC-1 side, but it will be a little tricky and will require an accurate meter.

vetteboy2k
June 19th, 2007, 04:19 AM
I have a Fluke 43B Meter. Got it for work a few years back. I'm sure my Fluke would work too!!!

Ira
June 20th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Nice meter, I just picked on up a month or 2 ago after my 25 lost one scale. I guess 28 years is a reasonable life for a meter.

Ira

joecar
June 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Nice. :cheers:

mistermike
June 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Nice meter, I just picked on up a month or 2 ago after my 25 lost one scale. I guess 28 years is a reasonable life for a meter.

Ira
Heck, I know a couple of guys still using their Simpson 360's. They never seem to die.
http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos/test_gear/Simpson_360_VOM_web_small.jpg
My 87 that was stolen had a balky rotary switch that used to turn itself on and run the battery down when I wasn't looking, but it was made during the infamous "Fluke-Phillips alliance" I'm hoping this one I can leave in my will.

Ira
June 25th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Heck, I know a couple of guys still using their Simpson 360's. They never seem to die.

Got one of those too, but I like my Fluke better. And when the 189 won't solve the problem, the 98 almost always comes through.

Ira

ringram
June 25th, 2007, 05:44 AM
You can throw that away when the RS232 input support is released for the v2 :)

mistermike
June 25th, 2007, 06:53 AM
You can throw that away when the RS232 input support is released for the v2 :)
Amen and hallelujah. Although, I'll probably use it in case I run into any issues doing NBO2 simulation.