PDA

View Full Version : throttle cracker

Boost
June 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I always hear that it makes a big difference. What do you modify and how to improve off idle response (I imagine that's what it does). Thanks

SSpdDmon
June 20th, 2007, 11:28 AM
"Off-throttle" control is probably a better description for it. I use it to make sure that when the throttle is 100% closed, the motor isn't 'bogged down' too much during deceleration. I like a little engine brake feeling, but not so much that it makes you lean forward when you lift off the gas. I also use it as a stall saver (400rpm row). By populating the below idle cells, it helps keep the revs from dipping too low if they start heading that way.

Boost
June 20th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Thank you. So it's not worth messing with for a performance "feel"?

SSpdDmon
June 21st, 2007, 01:37 AM
Thank you. So it's not worth messing with for a performance "feel"?
Not so much. It's more of a quality or drive-ability table. The only performance thing I started to do with it is jack up the cells in the 4600rpm and above rows. It's like the 0.1hp mod. :lol: If the throttle body is jacked open 100%, I want the IAC open pretty much all of the way too (every little bit counts, right?). ;)

TAQuickness
June 23rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
I would put it in the drivability category too. TC made a huge difference scooting thru school zones and parking lots.

DaddySS
September 30th, 2007, 02:35 PM
"Off-throttle" control is probably a better description for it. I use it to make sure that when the throttle is 100% closed, the motor isn't 'bogged down' too much during deceleration. I like a little engine brake feeling, but not so much that it makes you lean forward when you lift off the gas. I also use it as a stall saver (400rpm row). By populating the below idle cells, it helps keep the revs from dipping too low if they start heading that way.
My throttle cracker deactivates when the clutch is depressed, am I missing something?

wait4me
September 30th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Throttle cracker is exactly how it sounds. It cracks open and adds airflow. It has a MAJOR effect on how the vehicle drives. It also may cause a surging, or fix a surging/ make or take away a stuck cruise control effect..

When you add to one table, it effects every other table. For example, if you modify desired airflow table, that makes the cracker table off, so it needs to be modified by the same percentage in the opposite direction to bring it back in line with the rest of the tables.

DaddySS
October 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
My throttle cracker deactivates when the clutch is depressed, am I missing something?
Does everyones throttle cracker de-activate when the clutch is depressed?