PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC Version

dbaxter_ss
May 25th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Any chance these will be ported to Pocket PC - I would be nice to use at minimum the scanner with a pocket pc, tuner would be nice also.

Sure would take up a lot less room then my laptop :D

Yes I know about BB logging but this would be a nice little addition, even if I had to pay for the different bits.

Blacky
May 25th, 2005, 10:30 AM
No plans right now - but things can and probably will change over then next 12 months, so I won't say categorically "no".
There are a number of development projects boiling just under the surface waiting for the right time to begin. So much to do, so little time to do it.

Paul

dbaxter_ss
May 26th, 2005, 03:33 AM
HMMM
What about windows for the smartphone ;)

That would be cool, hook up my car to my cell phone and log/flash. Kind of like bb logging. I know my cell has usb.

Now that would really be cool, save to my SD card and be able to copy on my pc.

Black LS1 T/A
May 26th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Funny guys! :P :wink: :lol:

But, I have a Pocket PC, too (iPaq 4355) and have developed database software on it. It would be SO neat to do logging on that! 8)

Black LS1 T/A
May 26th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Think how cool it would be to do logging using Bluetooth via a bung that plugs into the ODBC connector.

"Look ma! no wires!" :lol:

dbaxter_ss
May 26th, 2005, 09:11 AM
ooooo that would be neat
log while at the drag strip in the stands while someone runs :D

Black LS1 T/A
May 31st, 2005, 10:26 PM
ooooo that would be neat
log while at the drag strip in the stands while someone runs :D

I know, right! :lol:

Your tuner could have your next program ready to write when you pull back into the pits. 8)

What I'd really be after is not dragging my Laptop around all the time. I could stash a cheaper PPC under the seat. :D I have so much torque when I take off the line, I have to buckle my seatbelt around my laptop to keep from killing it. (I learned that lesson on a burn-out, once. :x )

Blacky
June 1st, 2005, 11:49 AM
You're all about 3 months too late...
All those discussions have been had, we went through pretty much the same points as you all raised here.
I think you'll all be pretty happy with the new hardware and it's feature set - it will definitely be worth waiting for.

Paul

dbaxter_ss
June 1st, 2005, 12:24 PM
ooooooooooo

Any hints????

Bruce Melton
June 1st, 2005, 12:40 PM
Our black box logging is pretty damn cool.

Blacky
June 1st, 2005, 12:48 PM
ooooooooooo

Any hints????

No, not here, not know. Some things are not "final" yet - they could go a number of different ways depending on price/availability/test results etc. Once the hardware is locked down, we will provide specifications.

What I can say is:
- it is LS1 and LS2 compatible (maybe even Pre- 1996 ALDL as well - that has yet to be decided based on the real-estate left on the board).
- it has more of everything that the current FlashScan unit. I.e. more inputs, more memory, more buttons, more user feedback, faster comms and faster CPU.

Paul

zrx1200
June 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM
What I can say is:
- it is LS1 and LS2 compatible (maybe even Pre- 1996 ALDL as well - that has yet to be decided based on the real-estate left on the board).
- it has more of everything that the current FlashScan unit. I.e. more inputs, more memory, more buttons, more user feedback, faster comms and faster CPU.

Paul[/quote] " tease"

Black LS1 T/A
June 6th, 2005, 03:32 AM
You're all about 3 months too late...
All those discussions have been had, we went through pretty much the same points as you all raised here.
I think you'll all be pretty happy with the new hardware and it's feature set - it will definitely be worth waiting for.

Paul

:D

Oh, joy! I'd give you a bear-hug if my arms were long enough to reach you over there. (BTW, I'm straight. :) )