PDA

View Full Version : Unknown bin file format.

serpa4
June 21st, 2007, 08:11 AM
I used EFI Live tune 7.4 w/E85 to read my 07 alli 6 speed. I selected the controller Allison Trans (6spd) from the drop down menu, checked status, and then hit start. It looked fine, took about 5 minutes. Then got this message:

Unknown bin file format.
The file has been saved as C:documents setting….badFileFormat.tun
Please send that file to EFILive for analysis.

The only thing i didn't understand during the install was for the E85 was the image file stuff.
Instructions:

Make sure you have V7.4.2 with the build numbers shown below (or higher) installed on your system.
• Scan Tool: 515
• ObdiiV7.dll: 644
• Tuning Tool: 622
You can check the build numbers of the software currently installed on your system using the Help->About menu option.

Exit from all EFILive software and backup the entire folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7
:) (copied this to my desk top)
Download here:
http://download.efilive.com/software...660_646_58.zip (13.1Mb)
http://download.efilive.com/software...660_646_58.md5
(If desired, use an MD5 checkusm program to verify the downloaded file's MD5 checksum.)
:) (Downloaded the zip file)
Unzip the contents of the downloaded file into
\Program Files\EFILive\V7, overwriting any existing files with the same name.
:) (I extracted the zip file, then copied the files to the file to the V7 folder over writing the existing files. I didn't unzip them into the v7 folder)
Copy the contents of the unzipped Images folder to
\My Documents\EFILive\V7\Images
:) (I copied the contents of the unzipped image folder to the correct folder)
After installing this update, the build numbers will be:
• Scan Tool: 527
• ObdiiV7.dll: 660
• Tuning Tool: 646
Make sure you update the FlashScan V2 firmware to V4.2.58. It contains updates required for E38 DMA PID logging.
:) (My files are the same for Scan tool and tuning tool)
:Eyecrazy: My firmware says: 2.04.58
However, the EFI site says to ensure you have:
Make sure you update the FlashScan V2 firmware to V4.2.58. It contains updates required for E38 DMA PID logging.
I wonder if they transposed some numbers or do I have the wrong version? My V2 firmware is dated 9 Jun 07, so I think its the most current.

I don't need the LBZ Calibrations files anymore (dated 13 Jan 07) do I?
I don't need the Duramax LBZ Default PIDs files anymore do I?
Why did I need to backup the V7 folder to my desktop? I didn't do anything with it. What's its value/purpose?

Samdogmx
June 21st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Im having the same problem, http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5517

they are working on it

serpa4
June 21st, 2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks, at least I'm not the only one. I'll send em the file when I get off work. Someone else reported the same problem and fixed with a re-install. I'm also going to try that tomorrow.

GMPX
June 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
It seems it was an issue with the firmware that was issued with that download, previous firmware versions do work. Paul is working on the problem.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
July 3rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
This has been fixed in the firmware available to download in my post.
Please update your V2 to this verison.
If you need calibration files for the Allison they were recently updated and posted in here -

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5624

Cheers,
Ross

Treurentner
July 3rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Hi Ross,

I downloaded your Firmware version_60 (thought that it would be a good idea to have the newest version), but there are some update problems with my V2 unit. The communication stops (after 4k of transmitted data) and it shows the new firmwarenumber but is still in polling mode, when I try to downgrade to the older fw I get the version verification error 304.:bawl:
I include a pdf to show the screen shots.
What can be done to fix this?
Many thanks for your support.

Marco

Blacky
July 5th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Sometimes the counter and progress bar will freeze during the reprogrmming, that is ok.

However, if the two orange LEDs continue to flash even after the programming is finished (after about 30 seconds), then the firmware has not been updated successfully. In that case, retry programming firmware version 60.

If you cannot get the firmware programming to complete, please send me a pm (to blacky).

Regards
Paul