PDA

View Full Version : Scanner help

wickedred
June 21st, 2007, 02:01 PM
How's it been going guys?

I just bought a 2004 Chevy 2500 4x4 with a nicely warmed over LQ9. I wanted to do some minor tunning on it so I bought a used V1 setup that has been upgraded to V2. I got everything Licensed and rolling.

My problem lie's with the scanner. I can get it to scan for the life of me. My dash doesnt move nothing. I have check my PID's and and run the systems test. I can even get the O2's to send anythign back to the software. I am at a loss for what to look for. Any idea's?

Any help would be appreciated.

cLuBsTa
June 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM
Did you press the green connect button up the top?

Also if you did that, Press the yellow button down the bottom of the screen. That will get your scanner working.

wickedred
June 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM
I have the scanner connected via the green connect button. I also tried the yellow button at the bottom of the screen. still no luck. WHile connect with the engine running my guage screen does nothing....

Chevy366
June 21st, 2007, 11:02 PM
I have the scanner connected via the green connect button. I also tried the yellow button at the bottom of the screen. still no luck. WHile connect with the engine running my guage screen does nothing....
You have to validate the PIDs.
Shift>F2 or under INFO at top of Scan Tool , while connected .

Doc
June 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Post up some screen shots of your selected PIDs, etc.

wickedred
June 22nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
I will get some screen shots of the PIDs after work.

joecar
June 22nd, 2007, 03:59 AM
Check the following:
- connected (you already checked this),
- pids selected on the PIDs tab,
- validate pids (only need to do this on the first time),
- press the RED button;

I noted that the guages don't move if you press the yellow button.

dc_justin
June 22nd, 2007, 04:03 AM

With the Yellow button pressed, what do you see there?

wickedred
June 22nd, 2007, 06:00 AM
I validated the PID's on lunch. I got it to log but it runs super slow. Any idea's about that?

dc_justin
June 22nd, 2007, 06:05 AM
I validated the PID's on lunch. I got it to log but it runs super slow. Any idea's about that?

If it logs super slow, then you probably have too many channels of data selected. On a 99+ Gen-III controller, to achieve 10frames of data per second, you need to log 24 channels of data or less. Above that it begins to drop progressively as you increase the number of channels.

wickedred
June 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Cool deal. I am on the right track at least.