PDA

View Full Version : Efi Live wrote and now hypertech is screwed

rzuff
June 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Is there any way besides a tech 2 to trick a hypertech into thinking the car was reflashed at the dealer. I thought the stupid hypertech was deprogramed before I wrote on the cpu and now the thing won't go back to stock. Any one have any ideas? Does Efi log something on the computer that the hypertech knows that it isn't stock programmning?

Chuck CoW
June 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Is there any way besides a tech 2 to trick a hypertech into thinking the car was reflashed at the dealer. I thought the stupid hypertech was deprogramed before I wrote on the cpu and now the thing won't go back to stock. Any one have any ideas? Does Efi log something on the computer that the hypertech knows that it isn't stock programmning?

There are lots of ways to tell...... but, one that's tough to mess with on our level is the FLASH COUNTER.....

It dosen't matter how "stock" the tune is....If the PCM shows that it's been flashed more times than it thinks it should have been.....you're screwed....

I don't know exactly how they test....But, that's how I would do it.....

Chuck CoW

ChipsByAl
June 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Did you change the operating system or any of the calibration ID's since you last used the programmer? If so, you should program the PCM back to that state.
Al

rzuff
June 21st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Did you change the operating system or any of the calibration ID's since you last used the programmer? If so, you should program the PCM back to that state.
Al
no I only changed the CAGS

RevGTO
June 22nd, 2007, 12:21 AM
Back in the Dark Ages, I had a dealer reflash done, and it rendered the Hypertech I bought for my gear change useless.

Chuck CoW
June 22nd, 2007, 01:28 AM
Back in the Dark Ages, I had a dealer reflash done, and it rendered the Hypertech I bought for my gear change useless.

They're not stupid.....They made it tough..... I tried to use a spare pcm and my bench harness to put a handheld back to stock.....I thought it worked....Then I sold the handheld.....

The Guy I sold it to was not happy........ REFUND!

Chuck CoW

rzuff
June 22nd, 2007, 03:14 AM
Apparently they revised it. If the dealer reflashes the computer back to stock and the Vin's match the hypertech will reinstall the software.