PDA

View Full Version : Unsupported PID

JoshH
June 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
I was talking to IdahoRob today at the track and he was showing me some of the PIDs he logs. He showed me one that he watches that isn't supported on my truck. It is the Engine Power Limiting Factor PID. I was wondering why it isn't supported on my truck.

Tordne
June 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Possibly you're not running the latest software version and he was?

What is your truck?

Doc
June 23rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
I take it you have the same model/year? Have you right clicked on it to see the supporting PIDs if any?

JoshH
June 23rd, 2007, 04:05 AM
As far as I know we are both running the same version of EFI. Unless they released another version in the last couple of weeks I am running the latest update. It's the one that has tuning support for the 6 speed Allison. My truck is an 06 LLY and Rob's is an 07 LBZ. They are the same except for different OSs. I think it might be related to that. I had another PID that wasn't logging right and it ended up having something to do with my OS. Ross went in and made some modifications and now it works great.

kbracing96
June 23rd, 2007, 05:11 AM
Did you right click on the PID and click on more info to see if you needed to have anther pid selected to be able to log that pid? Some pids need to have others selected in order to be available.

GMPX
June 23rd, 2007, 01:04 PM
I was working with Rob on some of the RPM limiting issues, I may have added in some development PID's for him.
If they prove useful we usually include them in the next release.

Cheers,
Ross

JoshH
June 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Okay, thanks for the clarification Ross. On a side note, I was logging another truck today and it had the same problem with logging injector duration you fixed for my truck a little while back.