PDA

View Full Version : Problems linking the scanner and the editor

Dirk Diggler
May 25th, 2005, 11:35 PM
I cant seem to link my log file to the editor. Here is what i am doing

Fit both tools to the window
Open log file on chart dash B
scroll with the keybaord through the log file

When I do this the map changes between 20 and 25 and stays on 800-1200 no matter what the map and the rpm values are in the log file.

Any suggestions

Blacky
May 25th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Make sure the MAP units in the Tuning Tool and the MAP units in the Scan Tool match. i.e. they must be both inHg or both kPa not a mixture.

Also, make sure that the MAP is linked - you will see a PID name in curly braces like this: {SAE.MAP} in the pale blue map border in the tuning tool whenever a link is configured. If a link is not configured you can add a link in the file: My documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\cal_link.txt

Regards
Paul

Dirk Diggler
May 26th, 2005, 12:02 AM
All of that checks out the light blue cursor moves just not for the right map/rpm values. I didnt change the link file because it seems that you all have set that up for us prior to installation. Both rpm and map have curly braces around it. SAE.rpm and SAE.map are logged and map in in KPA

Blacky
May 26th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Sorry, my bad. The units that need to match are displayed in the [PIDs(F8)] tab page, which may be different to what is displayed in a dashboard gauge or chart.
To change the units in the [PIDs(F8)] tab page to kPa (to match the Tuning Tool), right click and select Metric.

Paul

Blacky
May 26th, 2005, 12:20 AM
I just updated the image to what it should have been.
Paul

Dirk Diggler
May 26th, 2005, 01:29 AM
I will try tis when i get home. You may be right I think i change it on the dash but not on the F8 page heheheheh

GMPX
May 26th, 2005, 01:51 AM
I will try tis when i get home. You may be right I think i change it on the dash but not on the F8 page heheheheh

Been there myself :oops: :oops:

Delco
May 26th, 2005, 12:33 PM

Been there myself :oops: :oops:

Me too :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dirk Diggler
May 26th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Yup I was a victim of the "F8 page" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

emarkay
May 26th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Dunno, but 3 well-versed users having same prob, leads me to think some clue needs to be added somewhere. Is this possible, maybe as a roll over or maybe some "if no workee, try the following..." box???

MRK

Delco
May 26th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Dunno, but 3 well-versed users having same prob, leads me to think some clue needs to be added somewhere. Is this possible, maybe as a roll over or maybe some "if no workee, try the following..." box???

MRK

I would think we need to standardise the installation for a newby ( and us dumb ass oldy's) so it asks upo installation if you want metric and imperial , also some added setup options upon installation - ie do you want to ue your defualt pids dash etc .

I seem to have lost the option to automatically validated pids on startup - what setting have I forgotten ?

Blacky
May 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM

MRK

Hmmm, I though the same thing - it's even caught me out :oops: :oops:

Blacky
May 26th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I would think we need to standardise the installation for a newby ( and us dumb ass oldy's) so it asks upo installation if you want metric and imperial , also some added setup options upon installation - ie do you want to ue your defualt pids dash etc .

The current installer checks for the windows localization setting and if it is "US - English" then all settings default to imperial. Otherwise all settings default to metric.
The problem really occurs when you change a chart or gauge to metric while leaving the default PID settings (on the [Data F8]) tab page.

I seem to have lost the option to automatically validated pids on startup - what setting have I forgotten ?

PIDs will only be auto validated when a VIN is encountered that has not been encountered before. Only the first 9 and 11th chars/digits are used in the comparison. (the 10th is a checkdigit and 12-17 are a sequence number which are all ignored).

You can manually re-validate PIDs with Shift+F2.
or delete all the *.vpl files - that will cause PID validation to occur for each new VIN type, because no matching *.vpl (validated pid list) files will be found.

Paul

Delco
May 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM

The current installer checks for the windows localization setting and if it is "US - English" then all settings default to imperial. Otherwise all settings default to metric.
The problem really occurs when you change a chart or gauge to metric while leaving the default PID settings (on the [Data F8]) tab page.

Thanks for that Paul , I will delete that file because lately it is coming up with lots of invalid pids unless I validate them - my version has been played with that many times I should delete it and start fro a fresh installation :oops:
PIDs will only be auto validated when a VIN is encountered that has not been encountered before. Only the first 9 and 11th chars/digits are used in the comparison. (the 10th is a checkdigit and 12-17 are a sequence number which are all ignored).

You can manually re-validate PIDs with Shift+F2.
or delete all the *.vpl files - that will cause PID validation to occur for each new VIN type, because no matching *.vpl (validated pid list) files will be found.

Paul