PDA

View Full Version : Programming the DIC

Whippled 496
June 24th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I know the new version of software displays, "reflash in progress" or something like that when its uploading or downloading a new tune file. Is it possible with EFILive to change anything else in the DIC? I want to display my name instead of, "Driver 1" when I start the car with Key 1. I know it can be done, but will Ross or Paul give us the goods to do it?

eboggs_jkvl
June 24th, 2007, 09:55 AM
RTFM and do it the way it reads. I have my name to display on the DIC upon startup.

You lazy thing you! http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Elmer:D

Whippled 496
June 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
RTFM and do it the way it reads. I have my name to display on the DIC upon startup.

You lazy thing you! http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Elmer:D

??? :nixweiss:

I have a truck, not a Vette. I know you can do it with the Vette. I want to do it with the DIC in my truck. Read what manual, the one for your Vette? LMAO!

Chevy366
June 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM

I have a truck, not a Vette. I know you can do it with the Vette. I want to do it with the DIC in my truck. Read what manual, the one for your Vette? LMAO!

The DIC readout change would be nice , I am sure yours says what mine does "EFILIVE FLASHSCAN" , "FLASH IN PROGRESS" , "www.efilive.com" then at the end "EFILIVE FINISHED" .
Someone on here has a dash with " Tuned with EFILive" as their sig , even if it was limited to 20 characters long it would be nice .

eboggs_jkvl
June 25th, 2007, 12:52 AM

AAACK! My bad, thought you had the other kind of DIC! :D Sorry 'bout that.

Elmer

GMPX
June 29th, 2007, 12:49 AM
The messages displayed on the DIC is an editable text file "Messages.txt" located here -
My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration

It will display 3 messages, however, sometimes depending on how busy the comms bus is the DIC might miss one.

As for a permanent display upon start up, it would require a cluster reflash. Neat yes, but we can't place it as a high priority.

Cheers,
Ross

Chevy366
June 29th, 2007, 04:49 AM
The messages displayed on the DIC is an editable text file "Messages.txt" located here -
My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration

It will display 3 messages, however, sometimes depending on how busy the comms bus is the DIC might miss one.

As for a permanent display upon start up, it would require a cluster reflash. Neat yes, but we can't place it as a high priority.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks for the info , "editable" hmmm , "cluster reflash" no wonder .

ace22487
December 13th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I know this is old, but can we do a cluster flash now? I was also curious on how to make my dials sweep across the gauges and back down to normal upon key on

Boost
December 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I can make the dials sweep without tuning... there is a looong stretch from Miami to the Florida Keys here :)