PDA

View Full Version : VE / MAF scaler?

SSpdDmon
June 26th, 2007, 06:22 AM
I think it's come up in a couple of spots where people have said there is a scaler or a factor that the PCM adjusts as airflow variance changes between calculated (VE) and measured (MAF) airflow. Is it possible to log this scaler so we can see where the VE and MAF calculations are off? I've looked down the long list, but didn't find anything that looked like this. If it's not there, can we add it? It might help close the gap between MAF and VE when running both.

Thoughts? :nixweiss:

redhardsupra
June 26th, 2007, 06:54 AM
cant you just calculate airflow from the VE and compare it to maf?

SSpdDmon
June 26th, 2007, 07:58 AM
If the PCM is already doing the calculation (with the charge temp blending and all), I'd rather just see what the scaler is at. Assuming VE=MAF, the scaler should be at a neutral position. Problem is, as airflow drops off, I'd expect the scaler to move due to MAF inaccuracies below a certain point. I'd like to observe all of that...real time if possible...the way the PCM is calculating it. Ideally, that would mean a '_DMA' pid.

SSpdDmon
June 26th, 2007, 03:23 PM
The reason is I'm trying to back fill the VE table using the MAF/IFR tune I have setup and the calc.ve pid that I mentioned in the other thread. Down low, my MAF is dumping in too much fuel. So, I'm trying to get a feeling where the VE and MAF equal and where they start going their own direction.

ArKay99
August 12th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Did this die? I'm +1 with this, if there is such a table/scaler it would be helpful.

Redline Motorsports
August 12th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Might be off topic but.....what does the formula look like that includes the IFR value to calculate fueling? Reason being as I am still surprised how powerful that table is to control fueling.

redhardsupra
September 6th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Might be off topic but.....what does the formula look like that includes the IFR value to calculate fueling? Reason being as I am still surprised how powerful that table is to control fueling.

FUELMASS=IPW*IFR*AFR