PDA

View Full Version : Noob Help Me Please

Dennis93TA
June 26th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Just got my v2 tonight, went throught the setup proceedures that came with the box. When i go to connect to pcm it says no cable detected. When i plug it up to my 98 z28 it will cut off the v2 if it's connected to the laptap. When i plug it up without the laptop it just flashed 4 of the 5 lights. Is this a bad cable or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Dennis

Doc
June 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Have you tried plugging in the V2 to the usb port on the laptop first and then plug into the data port? And you are key "on?"

SinisterSS
June 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
1. Turn the vehicle's ignition to the run position
2. Plug FlashScan V2 into the OBDII port
3. Check for proper bus recoginition in lower right hand corner of V2 screen (VPW or CAN). VPW is what you need for the Z. If you see N/A, start over or try CTRL left/right arrow.
4. Plug FlashScan V2 USB cable into PC
5. Wait 10 seconds or so
6. Launch scanning or tuning software
7. Connect away!

Dennis93TA
June 26th, 2007, 01:14 PM
yurn the key on
plug in the v2
no screen
orange, blue, orange, green light stays lit

nothin else happens. if i plug it in to my 02 tahoe no light light or anuthing cut on like it doesn;t even get power.

Dennis93TA
June 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM
no matter how i do it if the v2 is plugged in to the laptop and pcm it instantly looses power. As long as the pcm cable is unplugged from th epcm the v2 will function properly but as soon as i plug the car in it cuts off.

SinisterSS
June 26th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Just to clarify for me and to help you - What happens when V2 is plugged in by itself (not to the laptop) into the car's OBD2 port?

Dennis93TA
June 26th, 2007, 09:09 PM
the screen will not light up, but the little lights below the screen will cut on and stay on. the little orange, blue, orange, green lights stay lit. sometimes when you just plug it up to the car just the far little green light will stay lit, but still no activity from the v2.

wait4me
June 27th, 2007, 01:13 AM
You didnt install the drivers correctly for the V2 unit. That is why you arent getting anything on the screen.

Dennis93TA
June 27th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Ok, so i geuss i own 2 bad cars. I hooked it up to a guys car at work and it works fine. So what would cause it to act like this on my car. Is it a short in the diagnostics port or something? When i plug it up by itself to my car the little lights stay lit and flicker, it's like it freezes up.

Dennis93TA
June 27th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Yes, i do own 2 bad cars, with the same problem. It was the cigarette lighter fuse. Now i can start screwing up my tune.

kbracing96
June 27th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yes, i do own 2 bad cars, with the same problem. It was the cigarette lighter fuse. Now i can start screwing up my tune.

LOL, I was just about to post the cig fuse ;) Glad you figured it out :D