PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop the auto replotting...?

joecar
May 26th, 2005, 07:09 AM
When viewing the Scan tool dash charts,
I want to replot manually when I'm ready,
so how do I prevent the automatic replotting that happens
every so often while I'm still setting up the charts...?
:?:

Blacky
May 26th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Set Properties->Playback->Auto replot limit to a very small number.
Any log file with more frames than what you specify will not replot automatically. You'll just get an annoying "Do you want to replot now" request each time EFILive thinks it needs to replot.

You can switch off that annoying replot request by disabling confirmation dialog boxes in Properties->Options->Disable confirmation dialogs. But that will disable them ALL and you may end up losing data because you close a window without saving something and you will not be prompted to save it.

Paul

Dirk Diggler
May 26th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Set Properties->Playback->Auto replot limit to a very small number.
Any log file with more frames than what you specify will not replot automatically. You'll just get an annoying "Do you want to replot now" request each time EFILive thinks it needs to replot.

You can switch off that annoying replot request by disabling confirmation dialog boxes in Properties->Options->Disable confirmation dialogs. But that will disable them ALL and you may end up losing data because you close a window without saving something and you will not be prompted to save it.

Paul

did you mean less?

If I set the re-plot number to 100k frames anything less than 100k will not be autoplotted. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

Blacky
May 26th, 2005, 01:38 PM
My wording was confusing.

If the log file has less frames than the value in Properties->Playback->Auto replot limit then it will autoplot without prompting the user.

If the log file has more frames than the value in Properties->Playback->Auto replot limit then it will prompt the user to see if it is ok to go ahead and do the replot.

so by setting that value very small (say 10 frames) - you will ALWAYS be prompted whether or not you want the charts to replot, for example when you make changes.

Paul

joecar
May 27th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Paul,

Thanks (as usual, stellar service and support).

Cheers,
Joe
:D :2-thumbs-up:

joecar
May 27th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Suggestion:
Entering a value of zero means "do not automatically replot and do not prompt" (i.e. allowing user to manually replot when user is ready).

Blacky
May 27th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Suggestion:
Entering a value of zero means "do not automatically replot and do not prompt" (i.e. allowing user to manually replot when user is ready).

It is a good idea. Although I would prefer to add a checkbox next to that setting with "Prompt when replot needed?"

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 27th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Yes, a checkbox is very much better.

(...us software types are maybe too comfortable with having zero mean something special...).

Cheers,
Joe
:)
:2-beer-mugs-chinking:

Blacky
May 27th, 2005, 10:52 AM
(...us software types are maybe too comfortable with having zero mean something special...).

Aint that the truth?

joecar
May 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Also, he he he, we think in hexadecimal more than we do in decimal...
:lol: :lol:

joecar
June 5th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Suggesion (part 2):
When a replot is required, the replot button turns red; keep it red until a replot is done
(...actually... it seems it already does this... talk about service and suuport....!! :) ).