PDA

View Full Version : Help on A/C TQ limiting table!!

99Silver6.0
June 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM
In table B4369 can I disable that crap?? So the truck wont pull timing with the A/c on? What is the reasoning behind that anyway?

cmitchell17
June 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Wouldnt it change the timing so you dont feel the ac compressor come on and off as much?

99Silver6.0
June 30th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Wouldnt it change the timing so you dont feel the ac compressor come on and off as much?

Well, I thought the same thing. But there arent a whole lot of cells with numbers in them. Just from 400-3600. But man can I tell when it is pulling that timing! Just wanted to test the waters and see if anyone else had toyed with that table.

cmitchell17
July 1st, 2007, 03:20 AM
I dont no why they would do it?

99Silver6.0
July 1st, 2007, 04:51 AM
I dont no why they would do it?

I dont either. I really hope the compressor can stand up to the stock power of a 5.3 without having to pull timing!!!

Highlander
May 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
That is probably the reasoning behind it... to not destroy and obliterate our precious compressor with all that pure v8 muscling power. Otherwise.. I have no idea.. I hate when the motor bogs down when I turn on the A/C. but... Then again... I rather have my compressor live longer and if GM designed it that way... I am not touching it until I know the purpose of it.

ArKay99
May 18th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I have a much different setup than you but I've been having my share of A/C torque loss issues since I started my mods. The solution I found was to disable A/C Torque Loss Spark Correction Option {B4358}, and for idle {B4359}. Of course that may be a brute force 'fix' for my issue, but it solved the main problem. I also wonder what that would be there for, except maybe to 'soften the blow' to the compressor when the clutch kicks in. In my case the 'softening of the blow' resulted in so much spark being pulled that the engine would stall and couldn't be restarted or convinced to run with the A/C on. So for me, the above works for now.