PDA

View Full Version : clunking

cmitchell17
June 30th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I dont really remeber if my truck did this when before I started to tune with it.

When downshifting while braking it will clunk pretty bad on the 3-2 and clunk on the 2-1. If you break hard you wont really feel it.

I know this might not be a tuning issue becuase I think I put my stock tune back on it and I think it might have still done it. But anybody have any ideas? I havent checked my u-joints yet so that might be it.
My 95 TBI with 150,000 with a 4L60e shifts way better than the transmission on my 2000 with 120,000. So homefully it means I have a problem in the driveline.

Will the future versions of EFI live have more capibilites on downshifting pressure?

Is it not possible to mess with this stuff?

I have another question it seems like no matter what I put my TCC settings at it will always lock up when I go up a hill.

When you give it more gas to go up a hill it will lockup, it does it with stock settings so I guess since GM set it that way it is more efficient.

How do you guys set your rolling 1-2 shifts, like when you are barely on the gas. It just seems I can never get my shifts like I like them.