PDA

View Full Version : A/C and idle

DaddySS
July 1st, 2007, 08:00 AM
I converted to the 2002 OS and the idle A/C parameters are very different. Biggest issue right now is higher idle and lots of cruise control with A/C on, what is the best way to minimize or eliminate the affects of A/C on deceleration and idle?

RevGTO
July 1st, 2007, 08:20 AM
That is strange ... I didn't notice any difference after the swap with the A/C. I checked the tables and the idle tables wouldn't account for it. The 02OS has a greater number of tables for torque correction and such but I don't know how that would affect it.

Have you scanned RAFIG with A/C off and on?

DaddySS
July 1st, 2007, 10:48 AM
That is strange ... I didn't notice any difference after the swap with the A/C. I checked the tables and the idle tables wouldn't account for it. The 02OS has a greater number of tables for torque correction and such but I don't know how that would affect it.

Have you scanned RAFIG with A/C off and on?

No I didn't do RAFIG with A/C on, is that supposed to be part of the procedure?

RevGTO
July 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM
No, just to compare ... I'd do a couple of logs of RAFIG, IAC, Throttle Cracker and Follower with A/C on and off to see if you can identify any patterns. I'd do some testing to objectify what you're sensing - at least until someone who can put a finger on the problem posts up.

RevGTO
July 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM
One more thing - have you looked at B4354-4361? Those tables set the relationship between the IAC and the torque draw of the A/C clutch. Like I said, I'd do some logging and then compare those 02 tables to the 00 settings, and you may be able to reduce the airflow compensation for the A/C. It sounds like it's increasing the airflow more than is needed for the torque requirement of the A/C clutch.

DaddySS
July 1st, 2007, 01:27 PM
OK thanks, I'll do that in the meantime. There are 6 parameters, and 11 tables on the 02 vs 6 parameters and 2 tables on the 00 so I'm guessing it's somewhere in there.

DaddySS
July 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM
One more thing - have you looked at B4354-4361? Those tables set the relationship between the IAC and the torque draw of the A/C clutch. Like I said, I'd do some logging and then compare those 02 tables to the 00 settings, and you may be able to reduce the airflow compensation for the A/C. It sounds like it's increasing the airflow more than is needed for the torque requirement of the A/C clutch.
I think you're right, on the 00 tune it's set for 0, on the 02 it's set for .7