PDA

View Full Version : Traction control tables in a truck PCM?

99Silver6.0
July 3rd, 2007, 03:28 AM
My 2004 is an ETB truck. Ive been working on a tune for my truck with some insight from dc-justin, which brings me to this. Do the Traction Control tables in my flash actually get implemented by the PCM since its drive-by-wire??

kbracing96
July 3rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
My 2004 is an ETB truck. Ive been working on a tune for my truck with some insight from dc-justin, which brings me to this. Do the Traction Control tables in my flash actually get implemented by the PCM since its drive-by-wire??
Just look at a log and see if the TPS closes when your have your foot in it. That will tell you if Traction Control is doing anything. I would venture to say its not, but maybe.

99Silver6.0
July 3rd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Just look at a log and see if the TPS closes when your have your foot in it. That will tell you if Traction Control is doing anything. I would venture to say its not, but maybe.

Yea, I didnt know for sure about it. Ill try some logging and see what she does.

dfe1
July 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Take a look at B6612

99Silver6.0
July 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Take a look at B6612

Have you modified that table before?

dfe1
July 6th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I have, but it was a long time ago, and frankly, I can't remember the details. What are you trying to accomplish? There may be a better way.

99Silver6.0
July 6th, 2007, 09:11 AM
See if I can get the throttle body to react/open faster.

dc_justin
July 6th, 2007, 05:42 PM
See if I can get the throttle body to react/open faster.

Are you really experiencing a lag in the throttle blade? Log GM.APP and SAE.TP and compare the difference between the two (Absolute pedal position, throttle position).

Edit: If you're wanting more response out of the pedal, you might want to look at the ETC tables, just make sure your changes are sensible.

dfe1
July 7th, 2007, 02:34 AM
The ETC tables control the ratio of pedal movement to throttle plate opening. The stock settings are very lazy, especially in the 0-10% throttle position range, but they don't need dramatic changes. If you have the throttle open too rapidly, it will be very difficult to roll into the throttle. Take baby steps and heed the warning about PCM damage if the settings are changed too drastically. You really don't need a lot of change to make a big difference in pedal/throttle feel. EFILive V1 or V2 will have to be connected in order to access to these tables. If you have V1, you'll also need the Commercial upgrade-- not sure about V2.

99Silver6.0
July 7th, 2007, 08:39 AM
The ETC tables control the ratio of pedal movement to throttle plate opening. The stock settings are very lazy, especially in the 0-10% throttle position range, but they don't need dramatic changes. If you have the throttle open too rapidly, it will be very difficult to roll into the throttle. Take baby steps and heed the warning about PCM damage if the settings are changed too drastically. You really don't need a lot of change to make a big difference in pedal/throttle feel. EFILive V1 or V2 will have to be connected in order to access to these tables. If you have V1, you'll also need the Commercial upgrade-- not sure about V2.

Ah, so I cant even do it with Personal....... Oh well.