PDA

View Full Version : Pinout for 2007 T42 (truck/avalanche)

Alvin
July 4th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Anyone have such a pin out?

Thanks!

mikesp1
July 9th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I have a diagram for a 2006 but not an 07 yet

Blacky
July 9th, 2007, 07:32 PM
You may find some useful info in this document:
Bench Harness Wiring Pinouts (http://download2.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Bench%20Harness%20Tutorial.pdf)

It only contains the pinouts for wiring up the OBDII connector but maybe that's the info you are after.

Regards
Paul

Alvin
July 11th, 2007, 01:25 PM
No, I was trying to figure out how the Avalanche gets the tow/haul mode signla but I think its happening thru can network.

JAY4SPEED
July 11th, 2007, 05:59 PM
No, I was trying to figure out how the Avalanche gets the tow/haul mode signla but I think its happening thru can network.

You would be correct. The tow haul mode switch is a wired input to the BCM which then communicates the tow/haul command on the class 2 low data network to the TCM, therefore it is not hard wired into the TCM.

-From the service manual-

Circuit Description
Tow/haul mode enables the operator to achieve enhanced shift performance when towing or hauling a load. When tow/haul mode is selected, the tow/haul switch input signal to the body control module (BCM) is momentarily toggled to zero volts. This signals the transmission control module (TCM) to extend the length of time between upshifts and increase transmission line pressure. Cycling the tow/haul switch again disables tow/haul mode and returns the transmission to a normal shift pattern.

Jay

Cougar281
July 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM
You may find some useful info in this document:
Bench Harness Wiring Pinouts (http://download2.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Bench%20Harness%20Tutorial.pdf)

It only contains the pinouts for wiring up the OBDII connector but maybe that's the info you are after.

Regards
Paul

Good document Paul! So the E40 LS2 and LLY share the same bench harness pinout? Guess I'll have to change the labels on the LS2/LLY connectors on my bench harness.

Edit: I am confused now....

Older info that I got from GM's ACDelco TDS service, on the LLY ECM, Pin 9 is ground and 7 is a "low reference". Pin 7 is low reference on the E40 and P12 as well(black-13 is a low reference on the E38 as well). My LLY Plug is wired as follows: C1 5=+12, 9=gnd, 10=switched +12, 15=Class2. Will this pinout (with the addition of the CAN+/- wires) work for the P12 & E40?

GMPX
July 24th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Older info that I got from GM's ACDelco TDS service, on the LLY ECM, Pin 9 is ground and 7 is a "low reference". Pin 7 is low reference on the E40 and P12 as well(black-13 is a low reference on the E38 as well). My LLY Plug is wired as follows: C1 5=+12, 9=gnd, 10=switched +12, 15=Class2. Will this pinout (with the addition of the CAN+/- wires) work for the P12 & E40?

Yes, my harness works with LLY, E40, P11, P12, P05. "Low Reference" is the same as Ground, they are all joined in the ECM.
Your pinouts suit the LLY, but you can reconfigure them to suit the LLY and the other controllers I listed if you wire it up like the document shows.

Cheers,
Ross

Cougar281
July 24th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Yes, my harness works with LLY, E40, P11, P12, P05. "Low Reference" is the same as Ground, they are all joined in the ECM.
Your pinouts suit the LLY, but you can reconfigure them to suit the LLY and the other controllers I listed if you wire it up like the document shows.

Cheers,
Ross

Cool! Thanks Ross. Guess I'll wire up the LLY connector todo the P12, LLY & E40, and change the other one up to an E38 and maybe add a T42. Can I wire up my LS1 connector with pin 60 as ground (60 on the 98 LS1 is ground, 99+ is some kind of ground {SEN GND}) so one connector will work with 97/98 & 99+ LS1 PCMs? :Eyecrazy:

Edit: I figured out the LS1... Pin 60 will work for all the LS1's. Only one I'm not sure about is the LB7. Pin 60 isn't used. Doesit happen to tie in with the grounds?

Edit2: Looks like Pin 21 will work for all the LS1's and the LB7; it's a Low Ref on the 99+LS1 and LB7, and a ground on the 98 LS1.