PDA

View Full Version : HELP! URGENT! I've got errors during a full reflash. What should I do?

squealingtires
July 4th, 2007, 06:37 AM
I'm using EFILive V2 with software version 7.4 without the "Use high speed" button (I've heard that this reduced the possibility of error)

I started a full reflash to get my 2000 operating system up to 2002 in my Trans Am. About 1 minute into the reflash I get this repeating error in which the values of numbers to the left change.

14:30:45.421: Error: Failed. Controller has returned to normal operation, please retry the operation.
14:30:45.421: Retrying previous block

It's been going for about 10 minutes. Should I wait? Should I disconnect via software but leave the FlashScan controller connnected?

joecar
July 4th, 2007, 07:23 AM
PM has been sent to Paul...

DON'T disconnect vehicle battery;

I believe you can disconnect the software and turn off the ignition (do not let vehicle battery run down).

Can you copy the log text and paste it here...

squealingtires
July 4th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks! Problem Solved!

I stopped the process via software and restarted the process exactly the same which resulted with the same error while using the "non-high-speed" mode. Then I switched over to "high-speed" and everything flashed correctly.

How do I retrieve error logs?

dfe1
July 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
How do I retrieve error logs?
My Documents--EFILive-- V7--Bug Reports

Blacky
July 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I'm using EFILive V2 with software version 7.4 without the "Use high speed" button (I've heard that this reduced the possibility of error)

Glad the problem is sorted. We have many fail-safe features built into the programming software.

Just for your info: The "Use high speed" option should always be used. Only switch to low speed mode if you have constant problems with high speed mode.

Regards
Paul