PDA

View Full Version : Stalls when put ingear

driver456
July 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I just installed a new cam, The Hellion cam,243-247,629-629 112 LSA.I got to idle pretty good in neutral(sounds wicked) but when I put it in gear it stalls out.If I give it alittle throttle it will stay running,So I'm assuming it wants more air.What can I adjust so it doesn't stall out ingear just to get me going so I can do an auto VE.I have a C5 w/ a LS7 short block,PP heads,90/90..................Paul

wait4me
July 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
are you using your stock tun file to start with? Sometimes, i see the problem is that the customer puts in a different starter tune and the transmission type is wrong so when they put it in gear it just shuts off cause there is no data in that section.

If not, then just raise your desired airflow in gear or change the learning idle perameters to allow more learning with bigger numbers.

driver456
July 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
are you using your stock tun file to start with? Sometimes, i see the problem is that the customer puts in a different starter tune and the transmission type is wrong so when they put it in gear it just shuts off cause there is no data in that section.

If not, then just raise your desired airflow in gear or change the learning idle perameters to allow more learning with bigger numbers.
Its not a stock tune.I'll try the dessired airflow.Thanks..........Paul

driver456
July 7th, 2007, 06:59 AM
No luck yet.Tried just about everything.Anybody have any idea's.........Paul*UPDATE* Finally got to idle ingear.In the video its idling in park though. http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=5xg3xnk

driver456
July 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Having Park to drive problems again.I got to idle in park/neutral no problem,If I hold the throttle alittle when putting it ingear it will idle ingear fine.I can go back & forth to park or neutral to ingear with no problem all day,Its when I shut the car off and start it again and go from park to ingear it stalls.I raised Desired airflow but it seems to get worse,It shuts off quicker.I have tried almost everything and just can't seem to figure it out.Anybody have any idea's.................Paul

Doc
July 10th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Have you tried adj the air / spark with the bi-directional control in the scantool?

driver456
July 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Have you tried adj the air / spark with the bi-directional control in the scantool?
Yes I have,It idle's fine ingear if I help it alittle with the throttle,Its just when I shut it off and start it again :nixweiss: .........Paul