PDA

View Full Version : Feature request

stigmundfreud
July 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM
if it isnt already available....

Am about to install a new tune that is designed for 98RON fuel only (HSV Clubsport OL)

Looking at the feature such as the Valet mode would it not be possible to apply a switch so if you end up stuck in the middle of France with nothng but donkey piss for fuel, you can flick a button to adapt to a low octane fuel map directly?

limited cv8r
July 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM
the use of efilive COS allows you to use dual/ high-low spark tables while in OL. you could use the HSV tune witha COS and put in a spark low-octane table, or there is also {A0002}Octane scaler limiter

ringram
July 6th, 2007, 07:02 AM
HSV tune does come with a low octane table as well. Its just the high one is pretty high hence why high octane is recommended. The HSV 285kw tune is setup for dual spark tables. If you run it open loop its not.. But as cv8r says if you use the custom OS you will be fine and retain both spark maps.

stigmundfreud
July 6th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Thats what I mean, as you say OL it its tuned only for the high octane table so I was just thinking if at the flick of a switch, ala valet mode, it flicks the car either into cl and turns the o2s/maf back on or just bump down to an OL low octain map.

ringram
July 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Sounds like you need roadrunner and a car pc :)

stigmundfreud
July 6th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I got me a laptop that can fit in the rear seat pocket

I am out of money for the car budget! Pledging a few £££ to Roger in a month or so for the handling and to check rear axle out

once I've got the bloody wb's I'll consider rr!

limited cv8r
July 6th, 2007, 11:05 AM
i was refering to the spark tables in the HSV GTS tunes,the high and low are the same,the normal clubby's do run dual spark tables,