PDA

View Full Version : 0-5v out that we can use stuff like alky

ForcedC5
May 27th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Since there are variable controllers out there which use a 0-5v input, just wondering if it's possible to have an output that references the map or injector width or maybe a 3dimensional mapping of both... :lol:

Blacky
May 27th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Not sure what you mean - do you want the FlashScan unit to output voltages based on logged data PIDs? Or am I missing the point of the question?
Paul

ForcedC5
May 31st, 2005, 04:28 AM
To have a line from the PCM which already has the ability to drive 0-5 reference selected PIDS programmable by EFI. Maybe a PCM line that has variable resistance allowing an external sensor to use it as input.

Blacky
May 31st, 2005, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure there are no lines left on most PCM/vehicle configurations.
They are all in use, but Ross (aka GMPX) could tell you more.
Paul

Draco
May 31st, 2005, 06:10 PM
why not upgrade the cable to support outputs. wideband controllers do it :). being able to control nitrous and alky systems, warnings lights, etc. would be unbelievable!

Blacky
May 31st, 2005, 07:21 PM
Providing outputs on our cable is not something we plan to do - unless it becomes necessary for a future project.

Right now, we are working on ways to make the FlashScan inputs more useful, and to alter the PCM to control external systems.

Regards
Paul

ForcedC5
June 1st, 2005, 03:54 AM
Output via the blackbox means we would have to keep it in the car to control a possibly core system function.. preferably off the pcm for sure.

I'm sure if it can be done you guys would do it. As it is, it's an excellent package.. Keep up the good work guys..

ForcedC5
July 28th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Okay.. what if we're able to adjust timing or fuel based on the ouput of the wideband.. say feed it into the AC pressure sensor?

This would be a great way to sense if say an alky injection system failed..

Just throwing out ideas.. :P