PDA

View Full Version : stuffing a 512kb os in a 1mb os...

brokenfly
July 6th, 2007, 09:32 AM
no luck...this gto says no...error message about i have a 1mb os and it will not let me flash a 512...

any other way???

i would like to get the cos#5 in there for the n2o tables...

ringram
July 6th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Not possible dude. There are custom os's for some 1mb os's but probably not OS5.. Ross might have some cooking in the oven though. Perhaps PM him.

brokenfly
July 7th, 2007, 01:20 AM
roger that,ringram...

in all reality it only boiled down to 3 tenths of a second at the present time(1/8th mile)...
that is the difference i ended up with from running full advance(21-24 degrees)and retarded for spray(18 degrees) while NA...

i have plenty of time between runs to upload a calibration,so it ain't the end of the world....
i wish this software would run on pocket pc or palm so i could park this hefty laptop...:wave:

yet...:bawl:

ChipsByAl
July 7th, 2007, 12:07 PM
BrokenFly are you reflashing just for the N2O retard? There is a non software way around this. Access your Spark IAT table (B5911) and lower the -5 and -10 (Metric) rows to your desired N2O retard. For the vehicles with a separate IAT sensor from the MAF you can simply install a 22k ohm resistor (1/4 watt will do) and fire up the engine. You will have the retard across the board. For you guys with the integral MAF/IAT sensor a relay in line with the resistor & stock IAT sensor then controlled by the Nitrous arming switch will make for a clean install.
Al

PS. If you need a schematic for either of these just ask.

ChipsByAl
July 7th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Just to make sure there aren't any mistakes, the retard entered needs to be a negative value.( ie. -5 will take out 5 degrees of timing).
Al

brokenfly
July 7th, 2007, 03:08 PM
that's right,chipsbyal...just for the retard stuff...

i have a separate iat from the maf so the resistor should work fine...

on a side note,i had a leftover iat i snagged while back at the boneyard out of a gran prix,vortec engine or something while i was piecing together some intake tubing,i can't remember,anyhoo,but when i plugged it in my iats went from
120 down to about 40-50 degrees...:Eyecrazy:

would the false cooler air pull or add timing???pretty easy to switch back and forth as they are both in the airtube already filling up holes leftover from n2o nozzle placement attempts...

btw,i'm not too far away,in mckinney...

ringram
July 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Fly, I think chips is saying you can wire the resister in to work with your nitrous switch so when you are on gas then IAT is fixed to the -5 and/or -10* tables which will pull timing. (ie) Normal IAT function most of the time, but when on gas the switch kicks the resister function on and forces the reduction as the PCM sees a very cold value, which just happens to coinside with the reduced values you entered in there.

I hope I got that right.

Nice idea Chips!

brokenfly
July 8th, 2007, 02:48 AM
oops...my iat spark table is imperial...14 and 23 degree rows...

it sounds like an easy fix too with a few wires,ringram...easy to see in the logs where it falls in the table and easy to check for safety before using...
btw,i better put my iat vs rpm modifier under the microscope too as i have that chopped some for the hot temps...

that's again chipsbyal...