PDA

View Full Version : Help.....I have a few questions...

WiseGuyZ06
July 6th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Ok here goes...

1. How do you scale youre IFR table to youre Injectors... I.E 36#, 42# ect...

Im upgrading to a bigger motor and I might have to go with 42# injectors...

2. How do you scale youre MAF table.

3. In auto VE tuning, since I have a 2001 car corvette I have a 5 wire maf.. How do I rewire the IAT sensor so I can unplug the MAF, and attempt to try auto VE tuning....

4. When I follow the auto VE tuning steps, Will my commanded AFR match my WB AFR??? After scaleing the MAF and IFR tables...

I do have an LC-1 in the car....

I had the help of a fellow member here teach me a few tricks, but id like my commanded fuel in open loop to match my WB AFR..

Also when Im at the track Id like to only mess with the PE vs. RPM table to controll WOT fueling... Is this possible to do??... Id like it to be as simple as possible to change my WOT fueling while at the track or on the street...

Also Is there a way to tune the VE table with-out going the auto-VE route...
Im sure auto-VE would be best, but just curious if there is other ways of doing it..

Thanks....

SSpdDmon
July 7th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Ok here goes...

1. How do you scale youre IFR table to youre Injectors... I.E 36#, 42# ect...

Right click > Save Target As... http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls (http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls)

Im upgrading to a bigger motor and I might have to go with 42# injectors...

2. How do you scale youre MAF table.

The same way you adjust the VE table - by using the BEN for your wideband. You need to create a MAP in the scanner that looks like the table you're trying to change in the tuning software (i.e. MAF, VE, etc.).

3. In auto VE tuning, since I have a 2001 car corvette I have a 5 wire maf.. How do I rewire the IAT sensor so I can unplug the MAF, and attempt to try auto VE tuning....

You don't need to unplug the MAF. You just change the Fail Frequency (high=1hz and low=13,000hz) so the PCM thinks the MAF isn't working. Make sure to change the number of failures to 1 too. It should be under MAF in the System folder (A/C and Fans are there too).

4. When I follow the auto VE tuning steps, Will my commanded AFR match my WB AFR??? After scaleing the MAF and IFR tables...

AutoVE assumes the IFR table is set according to the injectors you have. In other words, you set it once and go. Once the VE and MAF are dialed in, yes your commanded AFR should match your WB AFR.

I do have an LC-1 in the car....

I had the help of a fellow member here teach me a few tricks, but id like my commanded fuel in open loop to match my WB AFR.

Keep in mind what we did and what AutoVE is trying to accomplish are two different thought processes.

Also when Im at the track Id like to only mess with the PE vs. RPM table to controll WOT fueling... Is this possible to do??... Id like it to be as simple as possible to change my WOT fueling while at the track or on the street...

Assuming your VE and MAF are dialed in properly, commanded @ WOT (i.e. PE) should match your WB AFR. If it's off, you can fudge it to get the desired AFR. But, commanded will not match WB AFR at that point.

Also Is there a way to tune the VE table with-out going the auto-VE route...
Im sure auto-VE would be best, but just curious if there is other ways of doing it..

Some have said GM developed the VE table based on MAF readings. Right now, AutoVE is the easiest way of determining the right VE values.

Thanks....

:cheers:

WiseGuyZ06
July 7th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Cool you are the man ^^^^^^^ sspdmon...

couple more questions......

so, set the HIGH and LOW FAIL 1 to the 1hz and 13,000hz

and the HIGH and LOW LIMITS to 1.... correct???

What about commanded fuel when in open loop... does that need to change as well.... or do I set it leaner in the wot cells then my pe table...

If I remember you said that it will take the richer of the two... is that correct??...

WiseGuyZ06
July 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I also notice when im at the track the A/F dosent settle in into the 12.8 range untill 2nd gear.... 1st gear its a little leaner like 13.2ish... but 2nd & 3rd gear like butter 12.5- 12.8 AFR across the board... why is this???

I was told AFR really matters in 2nd and 3rd gear anyways... is this true... the car runs awesome... I could prob do a -3% in the IFR table... as apposed to the -4% we did...

what u think???:)

WiseGuyZ06
July 7th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Also the red top injectors are 30# or 32#...????

shallow bay
July 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
They are 30#.

WiseGuyZ06
July 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
^^^thanks

SSpdDmon
July 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cool you are the man ^^^^^^^ sspdmon...

couple more questions......

so, set the HIGH and LOW FAIL 1 to the 1hz and 13,000hz

and the HIGH and LOW LIMITS to 1.... correct???

What about commanded fuel when in open loop... does that need to change as well.... or do I set it leaner in the wot cells then my pe table...

If I remember you said that it will take the richer of the two... is that correct??...
Yes - MAF numbers right.

Comm. Fueling in Open Loop - 154*F and up should be set to 14.63 for all MAP columns. PE should be set as desired (i.e. 13.0).

WiseGuyZ06
July 7th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Yes - MAF numbers right.

Comm. Fueling in Open Loop - 154*F and up should be set to 14.63 for all MAP columns. PE should be set as desired (i.e. 13.0).

Cool....hell yeah:notacrook:

Does comm. fuel in open loop stay that way permantley...when auto ve is done???

SSpdDmon
July 8th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Cool....hell yeah:notacrook:

Does comm. fuel in open loop stay that way permantley...when auto ve is done???
It can or you can put it back to stock. It's more or less how you want to run your car...

WiseGuyZ06
July 9th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I looked at the Injector flow rate spread sheet and it only goes to 80kpa on the map... So how do I add the values in the IFR table when in the tuning tool its based off of GM.MANVAC??? kind of confusing...

SSpdDmon
July 9th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Manifold vacuum = barometric pressure - manifold absolute pressure

BARO = ~101kPa at sea level

IFR table only reads 0~80kPa MANVAC, which is the same as 101~21kPa MAP.

The IFR sheet should be the same as the tune (i.e. referencing MANVAC).

WiseGuyZ06
July 9th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Manifold vacuum = barometric pressure - manifold absolute pressure

BARO = ~101kPa at sea level

IFR table only reads 0~80kPa MANVAC, which is the same as 101~21kPa MAP.

The IFR sheet should be the same as the tune (i.e. referencing MANVAC).

I see... what a PITA....still confused.....

The IFR table only goes from 0-23.6 MANVAC....

How does that work??

WiseGuyZ06
July 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I need to change the MANVAC units from INHG to KPA...In the tuning tool. I cant seem to do it..

Or just change the units from KPA to INHG in scan tool so it matches the tuning tool...

Do I need to make a map for the IFR table as well???

WiseGuyZ06
July 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I think I get it...

SO...

IFR table...(since IFR table is in INHG... and spread sheet is in KPA)

0.0 INHG = 0 KPA MAP

23.6 INHG = 80 KPA MAP

Is this correct????

Basically put the #'s in the correct spot....

Tune VE correct,set comm. fuel in open loop to 14.63AFR in the correct cells, then set PE vs. RPM to what you want and hopefully PE should match the WB AFR...

Oh shit now we gotta calabrate the MAF a whole other ball game...

SSpdDmon
July 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
To change the units: http://download2.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/Configuring%20the%20Calibration%20Display%20Units. htm

Set the IFR table's Row Label Units to metric and it'll be in kPa.

Yes, set OL fueling, PE, and tune VE until commanded matches WBO2. Then, calibrate the MAF.

If you look on the website, there's info on how to make the maps in the scanner...

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads6

It's all here if you look in the right spots. ;)

WiseGuyZ06
July 9th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Cool IFR is set.....

How would I calabrate the MAF... via a spread sheet??

if so, what would I put in the colums and rows for data??

HZ & rpm's???

SSpdDmon
July 9th, 2007, 02:49 PM
GM.MANVAC is a pid, which is used in the scanner.

You're asking about changing a table in the tuning software. You need to look for the table you're trying to change (Injector Flow Rate in this case) and change the row labels from inHg (imprerial) to kPa (metric). You can arrange each of the columns alphabetically by clicking on the header at the top of each column.

WiseGuyZ06
July 9th, 2007, 03:06 PM
GM.MANVAC is a pid, which is used in the scanner.

You're asking about changing a table in the tuning software. You need to look for the table you're trying to change (Injector Flow Rate in this case) and change the row labels from inHg (imprerial) to kPa (metric). You can arrange each of the columns alphabetically by clicking on the header at the top of each column.

I got it .SWEET.... now im trying to set up a maf spread sheet... what a PITA...

SSpdDmon
July 9th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I got it .SWEET.... now im trying to set up a maf spread sheet... what a PITA...
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5704 ;)

WiseGuyZ06
July 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I cant get it to work???

Changed the extension and nothing...

excel wont open it.. beats the shit outa me.....

joecar
July 10th, 2007, 02:41 AM
From your web browser, right click on link, Save Link As, and specify filename xxx.zip, select appropriate place (desktop), click OK.

xxx.zip will show up as a zipped folder, rightclick->Open, ctrl-A to select all files, rightclick->Copy, goto/create another non-zipped folder and rightclick->Paste.

WiseGuyZ06
July 10th, 2007, 05:10 AM
From your web browser, right click on link, Save Link As, and specify filename xxx.zip, select appropriate place (desktop), click OK.

xxx.zip will show up as a zipped folder, rightclick->Open, ctrl-A to select all files, rightclick->Copy, goto/create another non-zipped folder and rightclick->Paste.

Got it to work thanks...:rockon: