PDA

View Full Version : V2 seems to have taken a crap

pkincy
July 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
My AutoXRay 5000 works with the ALDL. My old V1 EFILive logger works with the ALDL. My precious new V2 which had worked swimmingly well has decided it can't see the pcm. It will connect with no error messages when scanning but the controls at the bottom are greyed out. Same steps with V1 and it works great. (including using the same ALDL connector).

When I try and read the pcm with it in Tuner mode it will do all the self diagnostics very well but as it trys to download code from the pcm it will time out. When I use the V2 controls alone without the laptop all is well including licensing and registration details but I get an Error 300 code that it can't read the pcm.

Any thoughts on what I should try next (other than going back to my V1)?

Perry

pkincy
July 7th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Aaargh, Paul, we really need to build a EFILive for Dummies button that disables about 90% of the capability of the V2.

After some hours of forum searching someone mentioned protocol. Sure enough I must have inadvertently got the V2 in Can or Off rather than ABW or BAW or whatever my 98 uses.

Us amateurs should be able to lock most everything we want to our car and have it locked unless a key is entered.

Frustrating, but still good news at last.

Perry