PDA

View Full Version : V2 really slow when by itself

minytrker
July 8th, 2007, 04:50 AM
I just got a new v2 box since my last went got fried. I tried to just scan a check engine light yesterday with the v2 box by itself and it was really slow and the buttons wouldnt respond correctly. Is there a way to reboot it or something to try to clear this up. It works fine through the laptop but after 15mins I still couldnt even read a ck engine light.

kbracing96
July 8th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Try updating the firm ware.

minytrker
July 8th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Its the newest one out.

kbracing96
July 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Its the newest one out.
What I meant was to try reloading the most current firm ware. If the V2 itself is running slow, that's where I would start. You could have gotten a corrupted update. :)

minytrker
July 8th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Oh, ok I will try that.

Ninety8C5
July 9th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I just got a new v2 box since my last went got fried. I tried to just scan a check engine light yesterday with the v2 box by itself and it was really slow and the buttons wouldnt respond correctly. Is there a way to reboot it or something to try to clear this up. It works fine through the laptop but after 15mins I still couldnt even read a ck engine light.

I think he is being facetious and means that V2 standalone does not work, yet. :Eyecrazy:

minytrker
July 9th, 2007, 03:10 AM
I think he is being facetious and means that V2 standalone does not work, yet. :Eyecrazy:

Well Im still waiting on that too but no thats not it. My V2 wont work right as a standalone just to read ODBII codes.

ScarabEpic22
July 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Interesting as my V2 scans and clears codes on my 02 LL8 very fast and with no problems. I have not upgraded the FW since I cleared a code last, but I think Im using .54 b/c the newer ones AFAIK dont do anything with the LL8s.