PDA

View Full Version : scanned my trans am. here is what my previous tuner done

Aint Skeered
July 9th, 2007, 06:30 AM
if you could look at it and tell me how i could get it to idle better, i would appreciate it.

Doc
July 9th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Jeff made a nice write up here.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661

Timing and air are going to be key to a good idle. First things first though, I would upgrade your calibration to 12212156 then to a Custom OS. By doing this you will be getting rid of the low res back up VE table and gain more resolution in all sorts of tables that will make idle tuning much more enjoyable.

Underlying all of this is a solid A/F. I would seriously just start over with AutoVE. Looks like more trouble than it would be worth to try and straighten out what you have.

ViolatorTA
July 9th, 2007, 07:50 AM
What injectors are in this? Looks like the IFR table was used for tuning.

geoff
July 9th, 2007, 08:48 AM
He has you running in open loop at idle. There is also a lot more that I see....

eboggs_jkvl
July 9th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Unless you have different sized injectors, the IFR should be a straight line.

Size your injectors, set the IFR and then tune the car.

Elmer

Aint Skeered
July 9th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I will start messing with it , thanks.

The injectors are 42 lb green tops.

SO starting over with a tune would be my best bet Huh?? If it means a enjoyable car again, I dont mind.

Aint Skeered
July 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
another question. I have a dry kit and it is set to pull timing and add fuel . Does any one see what was done to do this? I want it to be the same when I retune it.

eboggs_jkvl
July 9th, 2007, 11:37 AM
If you doing it at WOT, then I'd look at those PE tables. That's where I add my fuel under boost.

Aint Skeered
July 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Timing and air are going to be key to a good idle. First things first though, I would upgrade your calibration to 12212156 then to a Custom Os.

How would I upgrade my calibration ? is that doing the upgrade to Custom OS?

Aint Skeered
July 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
If you doing it at WOT, then I'd look at those PE tables. That's where I add my fuel under boost.
it has a lean a/f Na but goes to 11.5/1 on a 75 shot. on its own.

I dont know how that is but I dont want to lose that .

Aint Skeered
July 9th, 2007, 11:47 AM
however, Now that I have efi live I dont mind reflashing for when I spray either.

Doc
July 9th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Go into the tuning tool >help >custom OS tutorial; and of course the individual forum it'self.

http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Goto Holdencrazy.com and download the 2002 Trans Am 12122156 OS/ cal.

Study the differences btw the 02 and the 00.

Aint Skeered
July 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
WILL do thanks.

Aint Skeered
July 10th, 2007, 06:01 PM
if you look at my timing tables above3000 rpm's, it looks like when i get above 0.84 in low octane and 1.04 in high octane the timing is pulled. is this what was done to pull timing on the nitrous?

this is just a guess.

Aint Skeered
July 10th, 2007, 06:06 PM

Timing and air are going to be key to a good idle. First things first though, I would upgrade your calibration to 12212156 then to a Custom OS. By doing this you will be getting rid of the low res back up VE table and gain more resolution in all sorts of tables that will make idle tuning much more enjoyable.

Underlying all of this is a solid A/F. I would seriously just start over with AutoVE. Looks like more trouble than it would be worth to try and straighten out what you have.
did not try the os change yet as I am on a boat untill next tuesday but these are changes i have made to timing and also to idle tuning if you can compare it to my previous tune to see if it looks btter.:notacrook:
will i be safe flashing the changes to see what it does?

I have been toying with it getting use to changeing stuff based off of the link you posted above

WiseGuyZ06
July 11th, 2007, 12:21 AM
did not try the os change yet as I am on a boat untill next tuesday but these are changes i have made to timing and also to idle tuning if you can compare it to my previous tune to see if it looks btter.:notacrook:
will i be safe flashing the changes to see what it does?

I have been toying with it getting use to changeing stuff based off of the link you posted above

Do you have a dry shot of nitrous as a nitrous kit???

Aint Skeered
July 11th, 2007, 12:33 AM
yes dry kit set at 75 shot

Doc
July 11th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Wait until you get back to make any changes. Use the bidirectional controls on the scanner to find out what the car likes and dislikes in order to start working on those idle areas.

Do a search on RAFIG. Running Airflow In Gear.

Aint Skeered
July 11th, 2007, 05:35 AM
ok thanks