PDA

View Full Version : Which one to Tune

Naf
July 11th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Dear All,

I have a question to ask...I am about to initiate my first official project.

My project will include changing the Cam, Headers, Exhaust system, Intake manifold CAI and other little jobs, but ultimately leaving the long block alone...

Installin the parts for me is the simpliest task. But when it comes to Tuning i am totally lost...I understand the Maps and the logs but i am unable to peice them together..Lack of Tunin schoolin for me, Even though i have one of the largest libraries on tuning...

Anyways my question...If i were to keep the shortblock the same, and only bolt-on the above mentioned parts, Should i alter the VE or MAF?

I have a tuner here, and he does everything from the MAF, leaving the VE the same...

Should i follow in his steps, or should i actually sit there and LOG Autove, decode the log, adjust the map and try it all again?

I was one of the fooled whom bought the V2, which is lost in my junk pile, but i am startin to get use to my V1...I like the BEN factor maps, and used them a bit, but incorrectly.

Looking forward to your replies about which map to alter, the MAF or VE

Thank you for your time

BR
Naf

joecar
July 11th, 2007, 03:46 AM
My opinion: start with VE table (after recalculating IFR table); it will mean reading/following the AVE tutorial, but that may help to tie the logs/maps together, and the process teaches you how some of the fueling tables work; I assume you have a wideband O2 sensor.

:)

Doc
July 11th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Take the high road.

Naf
July 11th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Widebands are the min...I prefer AEM UEGO rather than the Innovative LC-1.

The calibrations needed are minimal and they are simpler to install with plenty of wire for custom installations...

Ok...Take the high road, so AutoVE...then MAF calibration..

There is a simplier road, Roadrunner...But i need to off-load this V2, close to cost, so i may get the Road Runner instead...