PDA

View Full Version : speed density

mikesp1
July 12th, 2007, 04:31 AM
is it posible to convert a 2006 e38 to speed density
Mike

ringram
July 12th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Yes, but its controlled via formula, constants and coefficients instead of a VE table. Mr GMPX is working on something custom. But to see how it really is done read this http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710290

Im guessing that will keep you busy for a while :)

mikesp1
July 12th, 2007, 07:09 AM
I think ill just spring for the ls2 maf :Eyecrazy:

redhardsupra
July 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM
The end is near! There shall be no fear cause I is here! :)

It's really not that hard, I just had to catch up on all the math classes I slept through in the past. For now I got the methodology down for E40, E38 is actually simpler in some aspects (less variables to optimize and they yield greater precision). That's the next thing to attack for me.

geoff
July 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
We are already doing it. The math has been reverse engineered and we can basically put whatever VE values in the E38 we see fit.

wait4me
July 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I dont think it is as complicated as it looks. changing 2 values in each zone that you are operating in will make an infinate amount of adjustment even in boost with a standard 2 bar map.

redhardsupra
July 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
We are already doing it. The math has been reverse engineered and we can basically put whatever VE values in the E38 we see fit.

yea but that's going back to having one VE value for a whole area/cell/zone whatever you wanna call it. the idea behind the parametrized zones is to have precision at every spot within a zone, not just at the centroids.
and even if you put in a fake VE table on top of it and then do a multiple regression to find the parameters, isn't it gonna miss a lot of useful data, and basically just use few averaged values instead of the precise ones?
sounds like a lot of effort to do few steps backwards in evolution...
or am i missing something here?

geoff
July 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM
yea but that's going back to having one VE value for a whole area/cell/zone whatever you wanna call it. the idea behind the parametrized zones is to have precision at every spot within a zone, not just at the centroids.
and even if you put in a fake VE table on top of it and then do a multiple regression to find the parameters, isn't it gonna miss a lot of useful data, and basically just use few averaged values instead of the precise ones?
sounds like a lot of effort to do few steps backwards in evolution...
or am i missing something here?

Basically we can create a fake VE table with as much or as little precision as needed. It can be every 1 RPM and every 1 Kpa and a value assigned to such or a VE table with only 4 values (although that would be quite useless). We aren't just putting VE values in the 30 zones. We have as much precision as is needed or wanted.

The bottom line is that we have figured a way to do 'conventional' VE tuning and convert those values to the coefficients that the E38/E67 needs for SD tuning. We can convert the coefficients into a table or take a table and convert it into coefficients with a good amount of accuracy. We have also verified that the coefficients that we are inputting are resulting in the desired VE values.

ringram
July 12th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Jolly good guys. Geoff are you working with Ross on this? Was this feeding into the quasi VE table Ross posted up from the E38?
Or have you guys sorted this out independantly?

GMPX
July 12th, 2007, 07:28 PM
We are all collectively banging heads (literally).

Cheers,
Ross

AGRO
July 12th, 2007, 10:06 PM
it was quite a painfull experience, e38 ecu controlling two turbos and a large duration camshaft, the only way was mafless, done and delivered.
im greatfull the only class i ever paid attenetion in was maths.

joecar
July 13th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Yeah, maths is, was, will be the most important class. :cheers:

mikesp1
July 13th, 2007, 05:17 AM
I think I will wait it out the truck gos to the intreior shop in two weeks and then get the rest of the body put on then we get it back for final tuning
so I have a month or so The only resone I want to get rid of the maf is for a cleaner looking intake system

redhardsupra
July 13th, 2007, 05:38 AM
We are all collectively banging heads (literally).

Cheers,
Ross

can i join the collective? i really hate not having anyone to bounce ideas off

geoff
July 13th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Jolly good guys. Geoff are you working with Ross on this? Was this feeding into the quasi VE table Ross posted up from the E38?
Or have you guys sorted this out independantly?

We are all working together on this for the common good...Ross probably gets tired of me calling him almost everyday:D . No single person can take credit for the entirety of this project. There are several people working on this together. The biggest thing right now is that we can actually verify, via the DMA PIDS that Ross has created, that our math is correct and not just a random number generator. This has been an important part of this.

GMPX
July 14th, 2007, 11:37 AM
can i join the collective? i really hate not having anyone to bounce ideas off

Yeah sure, it's not like a secret club or anything, just some Emails and phone calls back and forward between those involved.

Cheers,
Ross

redhardsupra
July 30th, 2007, 02:52 AM
ok guys, i'm done with my model, wanna compare notes?

GMPX
July 31st, 2007, 04:29 PM
We have a nice update for the E38 / E67 coming that should ease everyones pain. Meanwhile, if you want to drop me a PM redhardsupra I'll let you know if you are heading down the right path.

Cheers,
Ross