PDA

View Full Version : Need help tuning gmpp intake w/ accel 1150cfm tb

wadesns
July 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Ok so i've decided to go with a carb intake and efi tb setup for my 383 stroker but i have no idea where to start with the tune. Should i tune just like any other vehicle or will there be specific tables that need to be adjusted for the larger tb or even a different iac then the stock ls1? Are there any tables that should be adjusted for a shorter runner? What about the alpha-n tune? I have heard people talk about it but after doing a search there doesnt seem like there is much info out there about it? Also can i do a alpha-n tune on a stock ecm? If so how do i go about doing so?

I know there are a lot of questions here but i really am stuck on this one and cant seem to find much info on any of the efi/carb style setups

Thanks,
..RJ..

5.7ute
July 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
The alpha-n tune is available in COS5. Have a look from this page on where they get into the nuts & bolts of setting this option up.http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2599&page=6

wadesns
July 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I have read through this and was wondering is this what people are calling the alpha-n tune or is it just a modified tune where it uses part of the stock tune and what i presume is the alpha-n at lower rpms?

..RJ..

5.7ute
July 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
From what I understand it is used in the lower RPM areas for cammed cars where getting a stable map pressure from reversion is an issue. However the table has resolution up to 8000 RPM so it can be used exclusively. The hardest part will be populating the table initially.

joecar
July 13th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Alpha-N is fueling based on throttle position (alpha) and engine speed (N).

Speed Density is fueling based on intake charge density (calculated from manifold pressure) and engine speed.

COS5 has both the alpha-N TP vs RPM table and the usual speed density MAP vs RPM VE table.
COS5 has parameters for enabling the alpha-N table at specific MAP/RPM values allowing the PCM to select either table based on MAP/RPM.