PDA

View Full Version : V2 stuck on start up screen after update

floriduramax1
July 12th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I just downloaded the latest update and then reflashed the V2. every thing went as well as it usually does with updating. I hooked to truck and v2 stays on start up screen. I tried reflashing and even tried going back to the previous version with my other lap top I hav'nt updated yet. Please help as I have loaded a stock program and I have no power:help2: Thanks

floriduramax1
July 13th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Is there some sort of hard reboot you can do? It was working just hours before the update.

joecar
July 13th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Try the V2 firmware update again.

floriduramax1
July 13th, 2007, 03:56 AM
I have done it about 100 times and from my company computer with different cable, and even tried to go back to the previous version. This unit worked flawlessly 1 hour or so before updating programming my truck!

joecar
July 13th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Ok, pm sent to Paul to find out what you should do next;

which version of firmware did you flash in...?

floriduramax1
July 13th, 2007, 04:13 AM
V2_4_60.ffw Which I downloaded from the downloads page dated 7-10
7.4.2 E38, T42 allison 6 speed pre release. I have already PM'd Ross and Paul both. I just thought someone here might have an idea. Thank you.

floriduramax1
July 14th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Well after 2 days of frustration, I went to Auto Zone to get the DTC read that came when I hooked up the V2 and tried to program and I got the "EFI cant communicate with Flashscan" message. Thats when I noticed the start up screen never went away. Any how after I pulled away for work (Friday) morning I got a DTC. After all day of trying to get EFI to work, I went to the Zone. The guy at the parts counter asked me if it was still under warranty, I asked why, He said they would void my warranty because they could see him plugging into my truck. I assured him that if thats the case I will have a whole lot more problems than that. So I hooked up his scanner and got a failure to communicate with tcm message. Thats kinda odd since that is why I downloaded the upgrade to start with, the Alli 6spd update! The code was U0101. I cleared it with their scanner and it has not come back. Maybe that can help figure out why or what caused my failure.